Systems Engineer Technical Specialist
Posted on: February 13, 2019
Overview Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves-to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers. Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways-not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter. Perspecta's talented and robust workforce-14,000 strong-stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories Responsibilities RESPONSIBLITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide input and recommendations to develop, compile, review, and document ASE system studies, decision/information papers, program plans and program baseline documents to support Milestone/budgetary decisions.
- Applying the DOD systems engineering process throughout the system life cycle or development of new products and/or existing system products.
- Operating in a Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) environment, including creating and updating MBSE models.
- Support the analysis, development, and integration of existing and/or emerging system technologies (including countermeasures, sensors, bus interfaces, embedded computer hardware/software, and embedded diagnostics) into suitable ASE systems and/or subsystems.
- Provide engineering expertise relative to threat warnings, detection, acquisition, identification, discrimination, position determination, guidance and integration of threat sensors.
- Provide input and recommendations for in-depth analysis and assessment of acquisition data, program risks and risk mitigation plans.
- Conduct trade studies, market analysis, functional analysis, technology readiness assessments, technology risk assessments, systems integration approaches, system architecture designs, and acquisition strategies in support of ASE systems, specifically RF technology, and systems.
- Provide technical expertise for missile warning, laser warning, RF warning, RF jamming, flare countermeasures, chaff countermeasures, and laser countermeasures, including hardware, software, and firmware. Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10 years of relevant experience in RF technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or related sciences (i.e. Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Physics, etc.)
- Understanding of Open System Architecture principles to include hardware, software, and data transport protocols.
- Understanding of the Army airworthiness requirements and processes.
- Active Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret, SCI clearance Preferred Masters of Science Degree in the fields of Engineering or Related Sciences (i.e. Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, Physics, etc.) Requires minimum 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD. Options
Keywords: Perspecta, Huntsville , Systems Engineer Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!