Posted on: October 10, 2018
The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division currently has an opening for a Software Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO; Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD; Shalimar, FL; Clovis, NM; or Huntsville, AL.
The selected candidate will serve as a member of an Engineering Team and support multiple projects across the division, focused on the software engineering of mission systems within or in support of aircraft platforms. As a subject matter expert you will inject into each phase of the Software Development Lifecycle to include but not limited to design, integration, testing, and associated documentation. Primary duties are technically hands on and includes software development, analysis of human and system interaction, data elements and sources, and architecture artifacts in the development of a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) engineered solution.
The individual will have a strong background in software engineering or related information technology field.
The position involves the following tasks:
- Capture and mature software requirements
- Programming of software development projects
- Develop and maintain software engineering design, integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation/diagrams
- Support engineers of other disciplines in the design, integration, and security posture of development projects
- Assist ISSM in the development and maintenance of multiple accreditation packages
- Contribute to pre, peri, and post Authority to Operate (ATO) assessments
- Assist with other software and systems engineering activities as directed by supervisor
- Must be able to travel 25% annually
---External Referral Eligible
- Security Clearance: Secret
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or related discipline and 4-8 years of related experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Be able to travel 25% annually to the customer sites
- Hands on experience with software development, integration, testing, and troubleshooting
- Hands on experience with Web Servers, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Java, SQL databases
- Hands on experience with Windows environments and/or Linux systems
- Proficient with MS Office products to include Visio
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills as part of a team and capable of working independently
- Top Secret/SCI
- Active Certifications: Any DoD 8570 certifications of IAT Level II or higher or IAM Level I or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM)
- Familiarity with NIST RMF SP 800-53
- Experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross domain solutions
Keywords: Leidos, Huntsville , Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!