Information System Security Officer (ISSO)
Company: COLSA Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
General SummaryResponsibilities of an ISSO include, but are not
limited to, maintenance of authorization packages, account
management, security auditing, and configuration management
reporting.* Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential
- Develops Risk Management Framework (RMF) Certification and
Accreditation documentation, standard operating procedures,
policies, and security instructions for both networked and
stand-alone computer systems and provides oversight and guidance
for multiple systems.*
- Supports the Cyber Security Program to include, but not limited
to, Cyber Security policy, procedures, and regulations to assist
with identifying potential Cyber Security issues.
- Monitors, evaluates, and maintains systems and procedures to
safeguard information systems, networks, and databases.
- Implements, enforces, communicates, and develops security
policies or plans for data, software applications, hardware,
telecommunications, and information systems security education/
- Establishes and satisfies system-wide information security
requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory,
and resource demands.At COLSA, people are our most valuable
resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite
your talents with opportunity and be a part of our Family of
Professionals! Learn about our employee-centric culture and
benefits here (https://www.colsa.com/culture_benefits/) . Required
SkillsRequired ExperienceRequired Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent
- Minimum of 4-10 years of work related experience.
- Currently active Security+ CE certification or other equable
DoD 8570 Information Assurance IAM-I level certification.
- Experience determining and assessing vulnerabilities including
planning, testing, and documenting (DoD) accreditation packages for
Information Technology (IT) systems and networks, specifically
- Working knowledge of eMASS, ACAS, DISA STIGS, and
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to
a dynamic customer-oriented environment.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD Secret Clearance;
US Citizenship required. Preferred Qualifications
- Currently active DoD SECRET security clearance; US Citizenship
- Experience applying DISA STIGS, conducting vulnerability
audits, security configuration checks, and system configuration
scans to meet Cyber Security requirements.
- Knowledge of Information Security and Auditing.
- Knowledge of Federal and DoD Guidance DoDI 8500.1, DoDI 8500.2,
DoDI 8510.01, SP 800-57, SP 800-53, and CNSSI 1253. Applicant
selected will be subject to a government security investigation and
must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national
Keywords: COLSA Corporation, Huntsville , Information System Security Officer (ISSO), IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!