UP Software Engineer I - 2023 Bachelor's Degree
Company: Raytheon Technologies
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About Us: At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and
possibilities are forged in times of change and you will be on the
front lines as we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of
innovation and chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to
have a hand in creating.Diversity is a part of our culture and a
key to our success. When world-class talent works together in a
place that is respectful and inclusive, we solve some of the
world's hardest problems. We know that a diverse company is a
strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from
different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and
styles of tackling the worlds most complex challenges and toughest
threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are
empowered to impact business results, build professional networks,
advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their
local communities. Diversity of thought is critical to the future
of innovation.Job Summary: As part of the Software Products
Engineering (SPE) team, you will be an integral part of helping
Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) further our vision to be the
global leader in core and next-generation defense and security
solutions. By any measure, RMD is an exciting and rewarding place
to work. We pride ourselves on developing world-class talent in an
inclusive atmosphere. The result is a workforce that takes pride in
the company and consistently delivers superior solutions.The
Software Products Engineering (SPE) organization develops flight
software applications, including integration and test on missiles,
launchers, fire control and other complex systems. Our precision
software and firmware integrates operating systems, device drivers,
networking, and control software to bring together sensor,
guidance, and flight control processing features to complete the
mission. Our engineers design, develop, and build innovative
solutions for the U.S. Government. Experience all aspects of a
software development life-cycle as a member of a fast-paced agile
team on the leading edge of:
- Real-time systems design
- Digital signal processing
- Machine Learning and Autonomous Systems
- Cyber Security
- DevOps technologies and methodsA person who is successful in
- Displays initiative and can work well alone or as a member of a
- Follows organizational processes and procedures.
- Reviews software products for soundness of technical judgment
- Interacts with senior software personnel through both written
and verbal communication.
- Produces documentation related to the design and release of
- Develops complete software solutions, and influences the
successful completion of supported programs and projects.
- Understands and utilizes agile software development methods,
automation, and continuous integration.Responsibilities to
- Assist and participate in the requirements, design, development
and testing of real-time embedded software, application software,
and tools, to include development of new work products or
enhancement of existing applications and systems.
- Design, code, test, integrate, and document software
- Participate in internal review of software components and
- Collaborate with project managers and other professionals
- Work on problems with defined scope, schedule, and
- Follow established development practices and processes to
maintain the configuration management of software
products.Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelors degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or
- Experience with C++, C, or Java.
- This position requires 12 months or less of relevant
professional work experience (excluding internships).
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance
prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S.
citizens are eligible for a security clearance .Qualifications We
- Bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or
- College coursework covering modern software languages (such as
C, C++, or Java).
- 1 year or more of calculus, physics and computer science
studies that include assembly level programming.
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of systems software design, operating systems and
- Prior internship experience.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
standard. 3.0 cumulative GPA desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with coworkers from
diverse communities and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a
diversity of work and conflict resolution styles.Theres no such
thing as a perfect candidate, so dont hold back. Your
qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. We encourage
curious, creative problem solvers to join our team of bright,
dedicated software craftspeople in designing and implementing
highly innovative systems. If youre passionate about what you could
accomplish here, wed love to hear from you.What We Offer: Whether
youre just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.Additional Details: Please upload a copy of
your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this
requisition. Include your cumulative GPA and projected graduation
date on your resume.Clearance Information: This position requires
the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may
not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense
Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the
Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security
clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can
be found on the US Department of State government website here:
Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.Raytheon Technologies is An
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies, Huntsville , UP Software Engineer I - 2023 Bachelor's Degree, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!