Database Admin Senior
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Marshall Operations Systems, Services, and Integration
(MOSSI II) contract provides the ground systems and operations
services necessary to meet the requirements delegated to the
Payload and Mission Operations Division (PMOD) within the Human
Exploration Development and Operations (HEDO) Office located at the
Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC). MOSSI II includes
institutional (mission support) requirements, resulting from
HEDO/PMOD being chartered by, and residing within, the MSFC. MOSSI
II also includes programmatic requirements delegated to PMOD by the
programs and projects that employ PMOD to satisfy a subset of
requirements within their overall portfolio. The MOSSI II contract
scope includes innovations (including commercialization
initiatives) and improvements that meet National Aeronautics and
Space Administration (NASA) goals and/or result in cost savings and
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance,
support, and upgrades for complex database management systems
workstations and servers on multiple operating systems.
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex database software
installations and upgrades to operating systems and related
database software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in
accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple database systems and
databases to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures database data integrity by evaluating, implementing,
and managing appropriate solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures database recoverability by developing and implementing
a schedule of database backups and archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of database
implementations. Develops implements and promotes standard
operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts audits of databases to ensure compliance with
established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult
problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable
Keywords: Engility, Huntsville , Database Admin Senior, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!