Sr Principal Software Engineer 2025-1
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products
and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Sr. Principal Full
Stack Web Developer. This position will be located in Huntsville,
Alabama and will support the Sentinel (GBSD) program.
What You'll Get To Do:
The successful candidate will be a motivated software developer who
is comfortable with both front and back end programming. Full Stack
Developers are responsible for developing and designing front end
web architecture, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and
working alongside graphic designers for web design features, among
other duties. Full Stack Developers will be required to see out a
project from conception to final product, requiring good
organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidates responsibilities will include, but not
- Developing front end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Developing back-end website applications.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems which require
the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Perform work without appreciable direction.This position's
standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows
employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take
every other Friday off.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Level 4 Requirements: 9 Years of experience with Bachelor's
Degree, 4 additional years of experience may be used in lieu of a
degree; 7 Years with Masters or 4 years with PhD.
- Active DoD Secret clearance with a reinvestigation date
occurring in the last 5 years.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Experience developing front end web architectures.
- Familiar with the Atlassian Software Development and
React, and NodeJS.
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and
MongoDB.These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with MERN stack development
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Proficiency with fundamental front end languages such as HTML,
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Express, Python,
Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net.
- Experience working in a collaborative Agile development scrum
- Active Top Secret security clearance with adjudication in the
last 6 yearsAs a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space
Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package
--- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
--- Educational Assistance
--- Life Insurance
--- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
--- Paid Time Off
--- Health & Wellness Resources
--- Employee Discounts
Salary Range: $114,300 USD - $171,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Huntsville , Sr Principal Software Engineer 2025-1, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!