Staff Software Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Requisition ID: R10038234
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Huntsville, Alabama, United States of America
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Secret
- Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time At Northrop Grumman, our
employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary
systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for
generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has
enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological
advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across
the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We
look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering
spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the
way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive
diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an
insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making
history.Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Launch and Missile Defense
Systems has an exciting career opportunity for a Staff Software
Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This
position will be located in Huntsville, AL.Position Overview:The
selected Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for developing
and implementing software updates that best meet changing customer
needs on a Missile Defense System (MDS) Engineering
- Support advanced portions of the lifecycle of software
development to include requirements definition, integration, and
- Prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish project results with
limited oversight and direction.
- Apply "systems thinking" to ensure developed products are
scalable, maintainable, and meet end-user needs.
- Communicate openly and effectively with teammates and customer
representatives.The selected candidate should thrive in a
fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly
diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering
or Mathematics) discipline preferred from an accredited university
and 14 years of related experience, or a Master's Degree and 12
years of related experience, or 9 years of experience with a
- Experience developing software in object-oriented programming
languages such as C, C++, or Java.
- Ability and willingness to travel 10% to support business
- Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain an active U.S.
Government security clearance at the DoD secret level; and a
minimum of an interim secret clearance will be required to
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering or related
- Experience with international sensors and fire control
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with
technical teams and customer personnel.
- Proven communications skills with armed services & government
- Experience analyzing complex problems and developing solutions
based on limited direction and definition.
- Development utilizing a Linux based development
- Knowledge of various scripting languages and tools: Python,
- Familiarity with Agile software development practices.
- Experience with Missile Defense Systems and Sense & Warn based
- Experience working on CMMI Level 3+ programs.
- Security + Certification
- A current active in-scope U.S. Government DoD Top Secret
security clearance. Salary Range: $141,800 USD - $212,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The
health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Huntsville , Staff Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!