Principal / Sr. Principal DevSecOps Software Engineer - 7767
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products
and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal / Sr.
Principal DevSecOps Software Engineer. This position will be
located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Sentinel (GBSD)
What You'll Get To Do:
Specific duties to include, but are not limited to the
This position will support our program as a DevSecOps Principal
Software Engineer. In this role, the successful applicant will
design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and
systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with
equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning,
design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing
systems for product and commercial software.
- Determine computer user needs
- Analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program
intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming
techniques and controls.
- Prepares operating instructions
- Designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility
programs, and operating systems.
- Ensures software standards are met.
- The ideal candidate will have experience using Amazon Web
Services (AWS) in an enterprise environmentThis position's standard
work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who
work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Principal Site Reliability Engineer /DevOps Engineer:
- 5 years of experience with Bachelor's in Science degree; 3
years with Masters, 0 years with PhD.
- Sr. Principal Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps Engineer:
- 9 Years of experience with Bachelor's in Science degree, 7
Years with Masters, 4 Years with PhD.
- US Citizenship with a current DoD Secret clearance or higher
(adjudicated within the past 5 years) with ability to obtain PAR
within 365 days from submission
- At least 3 years of experience with concepts such as micro
services (including scalability best practices), containers and
orchestration using Docker or Kubernetes and/or automation
scripting to improve operational efficiencies
- Demonstrated experience in software development
and build tools (i.e., Maven, Ant) and continuous integration
environments (i.e., Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Direct experience in Linux/Unix/Windows Administration, and
experience with Virtualization technologyThese Qualifications Would
be Nice to Have:
- Experience using Amazon Web Services, including using AWS
native services (Cloud Formation, S3, etc.)
- Experience with enterprise Cloud deployments desired
- Experience with multiple Cloud service platforms (Commercial
- Experience with the full Atlassian tool suite (Confluence,
JIRA, GIT, Crucible, FishEye, Crowd).
- Experience developing builds in Maven, including MAVEN
profiles. Ability to automate software builds and releases via
Maven & Nexus.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using
either Ansible, Chef or an equivalent
- Experience with developing formal builds within the DoD
- Certification from VMWare and Cisco is desired
- Preferred candidate should have experience with VMware
infrastructure and automation
- Keen understanding of the software development life cycle
- Experience using the Agile methodology.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance or ability to obtain oneAs a
full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are
eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
Salary Range: $92,200 USD - $138,400 USD
Salary Range 2: $114,300 USD - $171,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit . U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Huntsville , Principal / Sr. Principal DevSecOps Software Engineer - 7767, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!