Software Assurance Engineer
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Date Posted: 2022-05-10Category: SoftwareSubcategory: SW
TestingSchedule: Full-timeShift: Day JobTravel: NoMinimum Clearance
Required: Interim SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretPotential for Remote Work: Yes
Description SAIC is seeking a Software Assurance Engineer to
support a Chief Information Office in a large DoD organization.
-The environment is cutting edge with new technology and equipment
supporting science and technology research and development. -
This is a full time hybrid position. Most days you will work
remotely, but must be able to travel to Huntsville, AL (sometimes
on short notice) for meetings, etc. when required by customer.
Prefer candidate live in Huntsville, Birmingham, AL, or Nashville,
This position can use an alternate work schedule with every other
Candidates will serve as a Software Assurance Engineer providing
recommendations to other software engineers on security aspects of
code development in relation to resolving vulnerabilities
identified in Fortify scans. The position will also have the
opportunity to build DevSecOps processes and tools that can then be
used by the various CIO customers in the organization which
includes on premise and Cloud strategies.
Key duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review Fortify FPR's to concur/non-concur with developer
analysis of SCA findings.
- Administer Fortify Scan Central servers, Software Security
- Install, configure and trouble-shoot Fortify SCA on software
- Conduct scan review process which may require complex code
- Perform scan review against ASP.NET Webforms and MVC web
- Research Fortify SCA findings to determine severity and
- Develop and document clear guidelines for handling or
remediating common issues.
- Coordinate with CIO Cyber security elements on software
assurance issues -
- Support software assurance development activities within the
Qualifications Required Education:
Bachelors and five (5) -years or more experience; Masters and three
(3) -years or more experience; PhD or JD and zeo (0) -years or more
- Experience with web-oriented development -
- Experience with the identification and remediation of common
code security issues that occur in web-oriented code. -
- Experience performing code reviews with an emphasis on code
- Experience using industry-standard static and dynamic
code-security-analysis tooling. -
- Understands ASP.NET, Web Forms, MVC, and Razor Pages. -Both
standard .Net Framework and .NET Core technologies. - - -
- Knowledge of Multi-tier architecture -
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a
security clearance. A minimum of an Interim Secret clearance
required to start. -
Must have a current COMPTIA Security+ certification
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed
represents the typical salary range for this position based on
experience and other factors.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or
boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed
when work is performed at a customer site.SAIC - is a premier
Fortune 500 - technology integrator driving our nation's technology
transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the
defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure
high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial
intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and
understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate
the best components from our own portfolio and our partner
ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions
that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by
purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an fostering a
respectful work culture based on that values all contributors.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of
approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit .
Keywords: SAIC, Huntsville , Software Assurance Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!