Company: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Clinical Laboratory Technical Supervisor is responsible for
specimen labeling, processing, test performance and storage, lab
maintenance, supply stocking, logging temperature and lot numbers,
aliquoting reagents, and following standard lab procedures, safety
guidelines, and HIPAA polices. The position is also responsible for
processing samples with molecular technologies other than TEM-PCR,
such as qPCR. On days assigned as lead, also responsible for
reviewing patient testing data and QC results, reporting test
results, overall direction of patient testing, and communication of
testing to Client Services, clients, sales, and the next lead.
Responsible for training and competency assessment of testing
personnel. Responsible for supervision of the clinical laboratory
operation and the personnel performing testing and reporting of
test results. Responsible for the clinical lab training and
competency program, maintenance of laboratory inventory, and
assuring test performance remains within lab specifications.
Must be accessible to testing personnel at all times testing is
performed when assigned as Technical Supervisor to provide on-site,
telephone or electronic consultation to resolve technical problems
in accordance with policies and procedures established by the
- Follow standard operating procedure for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, and maintain accurate documentation for
- Adhere to established policies and procedures whenever test
systems are not within acceptable performance levels.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate
from established performance specifications.
- After initial training, perform assigned TEM-PCR lab duties
accurately and efficiently, including properly handling
- Stock laboratory with supplies in addition to clean and
decontaminate laboratory instruments and testing areas.
- Setup and perform testing of samples for troubleshooting,
clinical, and stability studies.
- Setup and assist with validation and verification studies of
- Properly document records of studies performed, assuring
- After initial training, perform assigned qPCR lab duties
accurately and efficiently including properly handling qPCR
- Adhere to all processes put into place by the Quality Assurance
and Safety Officer.
- Consult with the QC Supervisor and/or the Quality Assurance and
Safety Officer about all quality concerns in a timely fashion.
- Ensure reagents are QC tested before use with patient testing
or concurrently with their first use.
- Handle problems, troubleshooting, and judgment calls when
situations arrive that are not addressed in any procedure, which
includes consulting with a Technical Supervisor or the Laboratory
Director when needed.
- Review communication channels frequently to ensure all timely
needs are handled and all updates are communicated properly.
- Document processing errors, non-conformances, or deviations
from standard procedure that may occur.
- Coordinate any delayed testing and delay notifications
according to policy.
- Assure all repeat specimens and client error resolutions are in
testing, and that no specimen is delayed testing due to an
- Verify client errors and log them in the Laboratory Information
- Direct the overall flow of testing, emphasizing efficiency, and
- Enter, review, verify, and release patient results in the
Laboratory Information System.
- Assure that all testing is complete, all issues are resolved,
and any late testing is covered if the need arises before leaving
for the day.
- Ensure testing records are completed and filed
- Review of nonconformances or errors and ensure issues are
correction or additional training is provided. Ensure documentation
of follow-up is completed in a timely fashion.
- Perform technical performance evaluations in conjunction with
the Administrative Operations Manager.
- Maintain and update all technical laboratory policies to meet
current practices and CAP Standards. Consult the Quality Assurance
and Safety Officer as needed.
- Perform, document and ensure that training and competency
assessments for lab employees are current.
- Ensure staff are meeting performance standards and code of
- Provide day-to-day supervision of high complexity test
performances by testing personnel.
- Responsible for the technical oversight of the laboratory.
- Monitor test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that
acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained.
- Prepare schedules for work assignments, training and competency
- Review quality and control monitors and initiate
action/correction as directed by Quality Assurance.
- Laboratory Information System management.
- Serve as a leader in the department, ensuring staff are
communicated to effectively and demonstrating the needs of the
- Maintain current and clear communication on all processes to
the lead personnel and staff to ensure all processes are followed
- Perform all work duties as assigned by shift on weekly work
schedules, using any downtime for lab maintenance or other assigned
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies and
document all quality control activities.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect
test performance or reporting of test results and correct the
problem or immediately notify the day's lead technologist or
- Participate in the laboratory's quality assurance plan.
- Participate in job specific training and annual competency
- Keep workstations clean according to the cleaning policy.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Observe all safety guidelines and report any unsafe conditions
to a lab supervisor or manager.
- Perform any additional duties as directed by Clinical Lab
- Additional Job Considerations
- A day's schedule can be effected by specimen delivery delays,
possibly resulting in later arrival times or later finish times.
Flexibility with scheduling, within reason, is required. The lead
technologist is expected to stay at work and assure completion of
the work day on days assigned as lead, regardless of delays.
- Weekend and holiday work may be needed.
- Work during adverse weather conditions, as much as safety will
allow, is required.
- Lab work requires a majority of time standing or walking and
dexterity with hand-eye coordination.
- Basic computer skills and advanced Excel skills are
- Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology, Clinical
Laboratory Sciences, or a Life Science such as Biology or
- Laboratory certification preferred
- Qualify as Testing Personnel as defined by CLIA rule
- Qualify as a Technical Supervisor as defined by CLIA rule
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in a High Complexity Clinical
Ability And/or Skills
- Must possess proficiency with basic computer programs.
- Must be able to multitask and keep up in a fast-paced
- Must work well on your own with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate key problem solving skills: active listening,
analysis, research, creativity, communication, dependability,
decision making, and team building.
What We Offer
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical
coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Candidates
currently living within a commutable distance of Huntsville, AL are
encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: Eurofins Lancaster Laboratories, Huntsville , Technical Supervisor, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!