Company: Robert Half
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Software Developer- Solutions Engineer
Robert Half is actively looking for a Software Developer- Solutions
Engineer who will interface with customers to identify their needs,
and will collaborate with internal teams to scope and configure the
right solutions. Will support the development and deployment of
prototype and first of a kind solutions that demonstrate the
company's capabilities. The successful Engineer will research
advanced technology regarding best practices and seek to find
cost-effective solutions, will possess a firm holistic
understanding of both the operational and scope aspects of projects
to excel in this position.
The Company:The company is a technology company focused on
expanding its solutions and footprint in the Industrial Internet of
Things arena. We are focused on developing and deploying solutions
that drive increased profitability and sustainability for
manufacturing and industrial customers through achieving energy
savings, and efficiencies in equipment operation, material
management, and process flow. The company strives to design and
deliver innovative and creative Industrial IoT solutions that solve
its customers' problems, increase sustainability, and bring
transcendent value to their operations. The company values
innovation as a fundamental component of its product development
and expects best practices for peer review, continuous integration,
automated testing, and other continuous improvement techniques.
Quarterly hackathons and ongoing 10% projects are some of the ways
the company encourages innovation and collaboration.
- Ensure quality and reliability across technology within our
ecosystems of products and digital solutions.
- Develop and deliver strategies for continuous improvement to
systems and processes in collaboration with cross-functional teams
to deliver exceptional products and superior user experiences.
- Direct and conduct testing to analyze interoperability and
functionality of system components; including related hardware,
firmware, software apps and other UI, including externally
connected systems to identify deficiencies and facilitate problem
- Enable scalability by optimizing QA effectiveness internally
and externally delivering value to end-users and identifying
- Needs to be comfortable working with manufacturing customers at
all levels, both on the shop floor and in the office.
- Needs to have the requisite skills to program our
solutions/devices as needed to develop and deploy configured or
custom (first-of-a-kind) solutions.
- Integrating with third-party solutions and service providers to
address customer challenges.
- Identify, develop, deploy, and support extensions of our
product offerings in the solution areas that the company is
- Work with the Sales Team to understand and scope solutions to
address customer challenges
- Develop and deploy prototype/FOAK solutions
- Train customers on the use of our dashboards
- Provide support for those solutions until they become released
- Work with the product management and engineering teams to turn
select prototypes into released and repeatable products/solutions
- Represent "the market" for the internal development teams and
they iterate through designs and test out their developed
- Identify, develop, and deploy the value-added services that we
think customers will need to leverage and apply IIoT solutions-
Data analysis and insights, Algorithms
- BSEE required / MSEE preferred
- 5-10 years of experience
- Project development and leadership skills
- Up to date understanding of best practices regarding system
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with various
- Professional work experience in analyzing computer hardware and
- Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the
orderly execution of a proposed project plan
- Familiarity with manufacturing environments, terminology,
cultures, etc. is very desirable. That includes electrical systems,
operating equipment, machinery, manufacturing processes, etc. as
well as the typical mindset and focus of manufacturing
- Need to have experience with and strong capabilities working
with customer teams to tease out needs and delivery solutions.
- Strong communication skills.
Please note this position does not offer sponsorship!
Keywords: Robert Half, Huntsville , Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!