Backend Software Developer
Posted on: April 10, 2021
By providing the information below and checking the boxes
include access and use of your information for the purposes of
sharing your information for possible employment recruitment
effects by SAIC and it's third party vendors. For further
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2021
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Backend--Software Developer--to join our team in
Huntsville, Alabama. This position would sit onsite at Redstone
Arsenal.-- Program Overview The Network, System Integration and
Test Environment (NSITE) is a Government owned, managed, and
developed software suite. NSITE is used by the Missile Defense
Agency (MDA), Joint Services, and numerous labs in support of
continued testing of systems employed for defense of the United
States and our Allies. The NSITE software provides data collection,
situational awareness, and analysis capabilities to a wide range of
users who benefit from NSITE's ability to act as an independent
third-party truth teller. The NSITE team has in-depth experience in
Tactical Data Links (TDL), Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
Test, Enterprise Information Technology, Software and Systems
Engineering and Information Assurance. Duties and
- Responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and
maintaining the NSITE software application suite.
- Work on a small agile development team where success is defined
by the ability to understand your path forward, effectively
communicate that path, and complete the task inherent to that path
in a timely matter.
- Research advancements in computer science and related fields to
help steer the product toward long term success.
- Communicate with leadership and the customer to ensure a common
understanding of requirements.
- Document your work for the benefit of your teammates, the user,
leadership, and posterity.
- Identify and solve challenging problems by writing performant,
clean, and practical code. Qualifications Education and Experience
:-- Bachelors degree--and zero (0) years or more of experience;
four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.-- Required
- Proficient in C#, and in the Microsoft .NET 4.7 Framework.
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, including
- Ability to analyze a requirement, generate a design, and
produce efficient, robust, and testable software.
- Mastery of computer science fundamentals, independent of a
- Experience with database structures and fundamentals of
database query languages (SQLite experience preferred). Preferred
- Comfortable with C++ programming.
- Experience working on a highly networked application.
- Knowledge of efficient data transport over Wide Area
- Understanding of and experience with secure programming
- Knowledge of tactical and simulation data links (specifically
Link 16, JREAP, DIS, VMF, CMF and XML).
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017/2019.
- Experience with using Git version control, Bitbucket, JIRA, and
Jenkins as software management tools.
- Experience with InstallAware.
- Knowledge of serial port data protocols (RS-232, RS-530,
- Knowledge of and experience with the MIL-STD-1553 standard.
Clearance :-- Must have an Interim Secret clearance to start with
the ability to obtain and maintain a full Secret clearance.
Overview SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our
nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings
across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include
high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We
integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's
ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are
25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired
by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or
Working at SAIC for benefits details.SAIC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse,
inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Keywords: Saic, Huntsville , Backend Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!