Posted on: April 8, 2021
By providing the information below and checking the boxes
include access and use of your information for the purposes of
sharing your information for possible employment recruitment
effects by SAIC and it's third party vendors. For further
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2021
Subcategory: Technical Writer/Ed
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is currently looking for a Technical Writer for the S3I MLRS
project. The duty location is in Huntsville, Alabama.--
Responsibilities: As a Technical Writer supporting MLRS, the ideal
candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Candidate will be required to manage multiple writing projects,
priorities, and technical inputs with moderate supervision.
- Candidate should be able to track task statuses even if
schedule/priorities change quickly.
- Candidate will edit complex
- Candidate will be required to take and publish minutes for
- Candidate will be required to work successfully with SMEs,
assist technical team members with writing tasks, and assist
individuals in troubleshooting Microsoft Word issues.
- Candidate will be expected to follow processes, writing/style
conventions, and configuration management established for MLRS
documentation. Qualifications Required Education:-- Bachelors and
three (3) years or more experience; Four (4) years of experience
accepted in lieu of degree Required Qualifications:--
- A strong work ethic with the ability to manage multiple
assignments with moderate supervision.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse and professional
teams from functional/technical areas (programmers, testers,
managers, SMEs, engineers, configuration management, etc.).
- Ability to plan/schedule work activities and accommodate
constantly changing priorities in a busy team environment.
- Ability to learn new software/hardware.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills and attention to
- Demonstrable proficiency using MS Word (emphasis on styles and
- Demonstrable proficiency in grammar and punctuation.
- Moderate experience using MS Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Some experience in creating/editing basic graphics (e.g.,
flowcharts and organization charts).
- Willingness to occasionally perform work outside normal
duties/responsibilities. Clearance:-- Interim Secret security
clearance required to start with the ability to obtain and maintain
full Secret clearance. Active Secret clearance preferred.--
Overview SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our
nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings
across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include
high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We
integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's
ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are
25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired
by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or
Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse,
inclusive and respectful work culture that values all. HUNTSVILLE,
AL, United States
Keywords: Saic, Huntsville , Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!