Sr. HPCS Computer Systems Analyst
Posted on: April 8, 2021
By providing the information below and checking the boxes
include access and use of your information for the purposes of
sharing your information for possible employment recruitment
effects by SAIC and it's third party vendors. For further
Location: HUNTSVILLE, AL, United States
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2021
Subcategory: Geo Info Systems
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
The Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)/ Missile and Space
Intelligence Center (MSIC) requires contract support for scientific
computing operations, computational Analysis, tool development,
knowledge and Program management activities, system services,
digital production, and advanced data analytics. These areas enable
MSIC to produce scientific and technical intelligence (S&TI)
assessments of foreign ground-based air defense missiles, ballistic
missiles, ballistic missile defense systems, anti-tank guided
missiles, anti-satellite and directed energy weapons, as well as
their associated command, control, communications, and computer
(C4) systems. SAIC, in support of DIA / MSIC - will provided
support to the Scientific Computer Operations, Analysis, and
Applications (SCOAA) contract in order to assist in the delivery of
High Performance Computer Services (HPCS) for SCOAA. These services
will include Systems Support, day-to-day operations support,
workflow management, and maintence support including PM's, Updates,
patch management, etc. DIA, SCOAA, SAIC Team, is looking for a
recognized leader / self-starter that can understand the mission
and goals of this role and deliver timely support to our customer.
Having knowledge and experience in a HPCS environment or
centers,--resource knowledge, and a well-grounded understanding of
multiple tools and technologies within the HPCS arena is necessary.
Qualifications The Senior HPCS Computer Systems Analyst is SAIC's
primary point for systems support pertaining to the SCOAA contract.
The Sr. HPCS Computer Systems Analyst is responsible for successful
delivery of the user support to our customer. Must have
demonstrated ability to manage complex tasks and services.
- Perform day-to-day operations and system administration of the
HPCS. Administer and monitor the overall HPCS systems operation as
well as configure and monitor a batch job scheduler and distributed
- Provide users of the HPCS with technical support.
- Perform day-to-day operations and system administration of all
MSIC backup and storage management systems.
- Provide an annual modernization proposal for technological
improvements to the HPCS.
- Provide maintenance for the system software and hardware
- Provide support for both preventive and remedial maintenance of
system hardware and maintaining equipment in good operating
- Provide on-site remedial maintenance support of system hardware
during the principal period of maintenance.
- Provide on-call remedial maintenance outside of the principal
period of maintenance.
- Provide parts, tools, and test equipment required to perform
remedial and preventive maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance at a time other than during the
Government's normal working hours.
- Be responsible for relocation of the system equipment hardware
in coordination with the Government.
- Provide research and development support to the SLAMMER
software tool and its current and future associated COTS and GOTS
software and tools. REQUIRED: Minimum of a Bachelor of Science (BS)
degree or ten (10) years or more of related experience, with five
(5) years of concurrent experience in the required skills below. We
are looking for someone with p rogressive enterprise operations
- Directly configuring and administering a large (Greater than
500 nodes) Linus operating system based High Performance computing
- Directly configuring and administering computers and operating
- Directly configuring and administering Cisco Networking
equipment in a high performance-computing cluster.
- Directly configuring and administering TOQUE/Moab (batch
scheduler software) in a HPC environment using multiple
- Writing scripts in Perl, Python, and Bourne shell scripting
languages that directly support administration of HPC
- Directly configuring and administering NetApp Storage Devices
running Data OnTap.
- Successfully installing and configuring both the MPICH and Open
MPI implementation of a Message Passing Interface (MPI) software
infrastructure in a Linux operating system based HPC cluster.
- Also utilizing both the FORTRAN and C programing Language and
have experience installing and configuring compilers and
successfully compiling code written in these two languages.
- Active TS Security Clearance DESIRED:
- BS degree or a Technical degree
- Certification recognizing your experience, skills and talents.
Overview SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our
nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings
across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include
high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We
integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's
ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are
25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired
by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual
revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or
Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin,
disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse,
inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Keywords: Saic, Huntsville , Sr. HPCS Computer Systems Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!