GBSD OC2 Principal Cognitive Software Engineer
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Security Clearance Jobs for Defense and Intelligence Careers
GBSD OC2 Principal/Sr Principal Cognitive Software Engineer Embark
on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and
ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities
waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration,
national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple
programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of
curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible
from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect
millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future.
Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a GBSD OC2 Principal/Sr
Principal Cognitive Software Engineer. This position will be
located in Huntsville, AL and will support the Ground Based
Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD
What you will get to do, specific duties to include, but are not
limited to the following:
- Conduct research in artificial intelligence (AI)/machine
learning, and prototype advanced machine learning and deep learning
techniques to stretch the capability of autonomous systems research
and development programs.
- Define, develop, and deliver novel mathematical and statistical
modeling and algorithm development to tackle the challenges of
prediction, optimization, and classification.
- Apply machine learning algorithms to large sets of structured
and unstructured data to solve a broad range of problems that
include applications in pattern recognition, target detection and
tracking, machine learning and decision systems, and robotic
- Design, develop, document, test and debug applications software
and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers
in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic
data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program
intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and
programming techniques and controls.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to deploy machine
learning algorithms to prototype testing and production. Ensure
software standards are met. What you'll bring:
- Ability to apply extensive technical expertise with full
knowledge of other related disciplines. Ability to communicate
effectively and clearly present technical approaches and
- Ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems
which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Experience guiding the successful completion of major programs
and/or functioning in a project leadership role. Erroneous
decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to
achieve major organizational objectives. As a full-time employee of
Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust
benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts This position's standard work schedule is a
9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day
Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Basic Qualifications for Principal SW Engineer:
- 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 years with Masters; 0
Years with PhD
- Active DOD Top Secret Clearance within past 5 years Basic
Qualifications for Sr. Principal SW Engineer:
- 9 Years experience with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with
Masters; 4 Years with PhD
- Active DOD Top Secret Clearance within past 5 years Preferred
- Experience with the development of modeling and architecture
requirements for Configured Items (CI) and Computer Software
Configuration Items (CSCI).
- Experience in the Systems Engineering "Vee" processes,
including both developing and managing the development of
engineering documentation (Requirements Specifications and Design
- Experience developing and presenting the requirements and
design at the formal customer review meetings, such as SRR, PDR,
- Understanding of capturing and documenting hardware and
software requirements within an MBSE environment
- Experience with CAMEO
- Experience working in an Agile development environment. Travel
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions. How to apply Employer
provided a link where your application will be accepted. Click on
the link below and follow instructions.
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Huntsville , GBSD OC2 Principal Cognitive Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!