System Administrator - Linux
Company: Harmonia Holdings Group LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Harmonia Holdings Group, LLC has been on the Inc. 5000 list of
fastest growing companies in the United States for the past 10
years and was selected in 2019 as a Virginia Chamber of Commerce
Fantastic 50 company. We are a 2019 Northern Virginia Technology
Council Tech 100 company and are a Great Place to Work Certified
organization! Every bit of our success is the result of a team of
incredibly talented, dedicated, and hard-working professionals who
are the heart and soul of Harmonia!
We have an exciting opportunity for a System Administrator - Linux
to join our team in Huntsville, AL. The ideal Linux System
Administrator will perform a cursory assessment on all RHEL systems
to analyze the initial security posture of the Red Hat environment
based upon DISA STIGs and SCAP data, NIST guidance, vendor SRGs,
and best practices. Once completed, the Linux System Administrator
will compile all findings and propose immediate fixes and/or
alternate mitigations to comply with published security
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the
knowledge, skills, and abilities listed; meet the education and
work experience required; and must be able to perform each
essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. Other duties, in
addition to the below, may be assigned as necessary to meet
Essential Job Functions:
* The Linux System Administrator will work closely with the ISSO,
system administrators, and users to ensure that functionality will
remain post system lock down.
* The Linux System Administrator will document all security
settings in a RHEL baseline document to be included in the Risk
Management Framework A&A package for configuration management
* The Linux System Administrator will also perform cursory analysis
on other components of the Program to include, but not limited to,
Windows environment; networking components; general architecture;
and RMF documentation.
* Support, troubleshoot and resolve software/hardware
conflicts/problems on these platforms: RedHat Enterprise Linux,
CentOS workstations, VMware ESXi 5.5/6.0, VMware vCenter,
configuration and installation of related peripherals.
* Be responsible for loading and supporting required system
software including respective office software, additional products
in the Microsoft and Linux suite of software, test applications and
GOTS (Government Off The Shelf) Software.
* Possess strong script troubleshooting and generation for applying
STIG and best practice requirements.
* Configure all Linux operating systems in accordance with best
practices and DISA STIGs.
* Coordinate efforts with Information Assurance personnel to
resolve STIG issues.
* Be able to quickly adapt to new situations, have a strong
commitment to a team environment, maintain a capacity to work with
little supervision, and the willingness to learn new
* Possess the capacity to work unsupervised and has an ability to
communicate effectively and efficiently with co-workers as well as
* Possess experience with filesystem storage administration,
inherent integrity applications, iptables, and permission sets.
* Possess experience with deploying and maintaining the DISA Host
Based Security System (HBSS) using McAfee s ePolicy
Orchestrator(ePO) and other McAfee point product security
applications such as Anti-virus and Host Intrusion Prevention
* Possess experience with deploying and scanning with DISA Assured
Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and other host-based scanning
and manual security checklists.
* Experience with Ansible, Ubuntu and Amanda/ Bacula tools.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
* US citizenship is required.
* Active Secret clearance.
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or related degree or
equivalent work experience.
* 5 years minimum experience in creating IT solutions
* Must possess an active CompTIA Security+ or equivalent NIST 8570
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong customer service/client facing skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
At Harmonia, we are pleased to offer competitive compensation and a
dynamic, productive work environment. Benefits include
employer-paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options;
gym/wellness reimbursement; 401(k) matching; 501(c)(3) donation
matching; paid holidays; generous paid time off; training
reimbursement; and an Employee Assistance Program.
Harmonia is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equal
employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
disability, or genetics. Harmonia does and will take affirmative
action to employ and advance in employment individuals with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable an applicant with a
disability to successfully apply for and/or perform the essential
duties of the job. If you would like to request a reasonable
accommodation, please contact HR@harmonia.com.
Keywords: Harmonia Holdings Group LLC, Huntsville , System Administrator - Linux, IT / Software / Systems , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!