Posted on: January 15, 2019
The vision of the Office of Human Capital (OHC) is the benchmark in delivering innovative human capital solutions to support the objectives of its clients and partners. The OHC mission statement is to build workforce capabilities which assure the current and future success of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), George C. Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC). One of the primary missions of OHC is to Acquire, develop, and retain talented employees, equip them for high performance, and ensure their future success. Odyssey Systems has a need for a Staffing Specialist, who is customer-centric and results-oriented; proactive; has strong analytical skills; proficient in oral and written communications; has demonstrated experience interfacing with all levels of management; as well as creative and strategic/systems thinker; able to multi-task and operate in dynamic environments. The specialist should also have advanced technical and functional knowledge to perform a variety of reporting and analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
* Provides a range of internal and external placement and recruitment duties.
* Provides support to the MSFC human resources specialist or serves as an examiner for delegated examining announcements.
* Delegated examiners are required to have a current Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Delegated Examining Unit (DEU) certification.
* Utilizes multiple recruiting strategies, including special appointment authorities, such as those for individuals with disabilities, Veterans Recruitment Appointment (VRA), and direct hires.
* Determines applicant qualifications in accordance with OPM and NASA qualification requirements.
* Uses a Resume based applicant referral system for vacancies. Processes personnel actions.
* B.A. or B.S. in human resource management or other related field is desired
* Graduate degree in related field of study is desired
* Five (5) years of experience in human resources staffing is desired
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Huntsville, AL
* Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
* Travel: Non-Anticipated
* Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Odyssey, Huntsville , Staffing Specialist*, Human Resources , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!