Human Resource Business Partner
Company: General Atomics
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Corporate positions help our company operate at it's maximum
potential while providing the best service to all customers. Our
corporate teams maintain a high level of collaboration across
multiple departments and teams. Corporate roles include Human
Resources, Legal, Information Technology Services (ITS), Accounting
& Finance, and Contracts & Procurement. Job Level: Senior (8+
years) Travel: 0 - 25 Success Profile What makes a successful Human
Resource Business Partner at General Atomics? Check out the top
traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team Player
- Versatile Date posted 04/01/2021 Job ID 31359BR Company General
Atomics Experience Level Senior (8+ years) Job Title Human Resource
Business Partner City Huntsville State Alabama Full-Time/Part-Time
Job Summary General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is
one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced HR
Business Partner to work as a strategic partner providing
consultative HR support and solutions to be based at either our
site in Centennial, Colorado, or Huntsville, Alabama.
The HR Business Partner will provide support to numerous locations
to facilitate effective HR programs and business practices. This
individual will function as the knowledge expert and consultant
with the ability to influence business leaders. To be successful in
this role you must have a positive, solutions oriented perspective.
You must be able to work independently and as part of a team. We
are looking for someone who is professional, customer focused and
has demonstrated success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds credibility and develops trusted relationship with
- Works with business leader to support business goals and get
- Works with business leader to implement HR programs and
organization design as needed.
- Works with business leader to identify talent and implement
career pathing and succession plans.
- Utilizes metrics to identify trends and build an HR strategy
for the client group.
- Attends business leader's meetings.
- Able to balance business needs and employee needs. Employee
- Utilizes knowledge of laws, company policies and best practices
to resolve employee issues.
- Conducts investigations and prepares documentation.
- Mitigates legal risk.
- Coaches managers on Performance Management conversations &
- Prepares requests for termination.
- Must have solid knowledge of Federal and State (CA) employment
laws and ability to educate business leaders and employees on these
laws and apply in handling of employee issues. Talent Acquisition
- Partners with recruiters and business leaders to interview and
- Conducts salary analysis to determine candidate offers and
ensure organizational equity. Compensation
- Leads the annual merit, bonus and out of cycle compensation
programs for their assigned client groups, ensuring a fair and
consistent application as well as company equity. Engagement &
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Utilizes exit interview data to identify trends and make
recommendations to reduce turnover and improve employee
- Works with employees as needed to support ADA/FMLA/WC cases and
accommodations. Talent Development
- Facilitates talent development sessions based on HR Topics
including but not limited to: Performance Management and the
Performance Review Process.
- Develops training on HR topics for client groups.
- Supports Leadership Development programs.
- Facilitates at new employee orientation. We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in Business
Administration with an emphasis in Human Resources, Organizational
Development or a related discipline and ten or more years of
progressive professional experience in a Human Resources
- US Citizenship is required.
- SPHR/PHR and/or SHRM SCP/CP preferred.
- Knowledge of Federal employment law; as well as, Alabama &
Colorado State employment law.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal skills and business
- Strong influencing and coaching, collaboration and
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of human resource
principles, theories and concepts and a complete and thorough
knowledge of practices, techniques, and standards.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- the ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a
variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity;
- excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
to accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety
of audiences including senior management and senior external
- excellent interpersonal skills to influence and guide all
levels of employees, including senior managers and senior external
- the ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive
- the ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects; and
- excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Travel
Percentage Required 0 - 25 Relocation Assistance Provided Yes US
Citizenship Required? Yes Clearance Required? No "General Atomics
is a company that has provided amazing career opportunities. There
is no limit to where you can go in this company." - Shalena, Lead
Talent Acquisition Specialist "I consider myself an effective
leader and manager who also cares about his team. I strive to
support my team so they can ensure we are taking care of our
customers." Get General Atomics job alerts delivered right to your
inbox. Be among the first to get the latest career news, hiring
events and other information helpful to your professional goals.
General Atomics is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, gender,
pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, transitioning status, gender
identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic
information, military and veteran status, marital status, medical
condition, mental disability, physical disability, or any other
basis protected by local, state, or federal law. EEO is the law. We
also prohibit compensation discrimination under all applicable
laws. To learn more click here . U.S. Citizenship is required for
certain positions. We endeavor to make the online job application
process accessible to any and all users. If you have a disability
that impacts your ability to complete the job application process
and would like to request assistance or a reasonable accommodation,
please contact (858) 455-4545, or click here . This contact
information is for accommodation requests only, not to inquire
about the status of applications. For information regarding General
Atomics' collection and use of personal information, please check
here . If you experience issues with the career site or would like
to provide feedback, contact us at: GA-Careers@ga.com
Keywords: General Atomics, Huntsville , Human Resource Business Partner, Human Resources , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!