Customer Service Team Leader
Company: Books A Million, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job Description: Under the direction of the Sr. Manager of
Customer Service, the Team Leader is responsible for all duties and
responsibilities related to internal & external customer
satisfaction at all levels. The schedule is Tues-Sat 10:30 AM to
7:00 PM (1:30 PM to 9:00 PM from Nov 19 th thru Jan.6 th . The Team
Leader acts as a role model and operates by Books-A-Million (BAM)
policies, procedures, workflows, and performance standards.Roles
- Confer with internal & external customers using all
communication channels; telephone 30%, chat 20%, email 30%,
Facebook & Twitter 10%, and escalations 10%.
- Acts as a primary point of contact for escalations with Dotcom,
Second and Charles, and Customer & Store Operations. Monitors
systems and workflow to maintain department efficiency and follows
the point of contact.
- Responsible for continuous coaching, training, and developing
new and tenured CSRs.
- Audits the CSR communication channels for quality assurance
- Seeks growth through training opportunities for self and team
- Collaborates with peers & manager in writing the standard
operating procedures for training manuals.
- Establishes work tasks and allocates tasks as volume warrants.
- Compiles weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports to monitor
- Supervises the ordering of supplies, gift cards, and restock
- Recognizes team members regularly.
- Ensures team is cross-trained universally to maintain adequate
coverage on all channels.
- Maintains flexibility with schedule to ensure leadership
coverage as necessary.
- Responsible for following all safety rules, regulations, and
guidelines.Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications and
- High school diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Demonstrated expertise with call center applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends as needed for
- Good understanding of customer service skills, process
improvement, team management, strong decision-making skills,
analytical skills, staffing & planning.Skills
- Proficient PC skills with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently or in a collaborative
- Self-manages time to meet deadlines and knows when to delegate
- Proficient with verbal and written communication
- Customer, team-focused and proven capabilities to lead
- Has the ability and knowledge to hold self and team accountable
for performance.Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to sit at a desk using a computer for extended
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 pounds, with or without
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with
or without an assistive device.Must be able to walk up and down two
flights of stairs daily.
Keywords: Books A Million, Inc., Huntsville , Customer Service Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Florence, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...