ASST STORE MANAGER - DGPP in NEW HOPE, AL
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Location: New Hope
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers
for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time.
Save money. Every day. by offering products that are frequently
used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids,
cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at
everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar
General operates more than 18,000 stores in 47 states, and we're
still growing. Learn more about Dollar General at
Under supervision of the Store Manager, manages the Non-Perishable
Food and Merchandise Operations. Assists the Store Manager with
efficient and effective inventory management, appealing and
profitable merchandise presentation and quality customer service.
Assists the Store Manager in ensuring a safe working environment
and provides protection for company assets according to required
procedures. Assists the Store Manager in ensuring staff and store
compliance with all applicable food handling rules and
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack boxes,
cartons and totes of merchandise.
* Stock merchandise, rotate and face merchandise on shelves, and
build merchandise displays.
* Restock returned and recovered merchandise.
* Open the store a minimum of one day per week; close the store a
minimum of one day per week.
* Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count register;
drive to bank and deposit money in bank.
* Assist in ensuring the financial integrity of the store through
strict cashier accountability, key control and adherence to company
security practices and cash control procedures.
* Assist with management of the store in the Store Manager's
* Assist the Store Manager, as directed, with scheduling employees;
enter payroll information into computer.
* As directed by the Store Manager, order drop-shipments.
* Assist the Store Manager with ordering; follow prescribed
ordering practices to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock
targets; review ordering plan, seasonal direction, and inventory
management issues on a weekly basis.
* Assist with the efficient staging, stocking and storage of
* Ensure that merchandise is presented according to established
practices and Store Manager direction; utilize merchandise fixtures
properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
* Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
* Assist in maintaining accurate inventory levels by controlling
damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
* Conduct safety meetings in absence of the Store Manager; help to
maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a safe and
secure working and shopping environment.
* Provide superior customer service leadership.
* Comply with company policies and procedures; assist the Store
Manager in ensuring employee compliance.
* Assist Store Manager, as directed, in completing all paperwork
and documentation according to guidelines and deadlines.
* Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total customer's
purchase; bag merchandise.
* Assist the Store Manager to ensure the execution of the stores 7
Day Workflow Plan as it relates to stocking standards and (Find
-Fill - Fix) procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Frequent walking and standing.
* Frequent bending, stooping, kneeling and reaching to run check
out station and stock merchandise.
* Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as hand-held
scanner, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, rolltainers (four-wheel rolling merchandise
carts) and U-boats (six-wheel carts).
* Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds. Occasional climbing using ladder.
* Regularly driving/providing own transportation to make bank
deposits, attend meetings and travel to other Dollar General
* Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level.
* Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
* May be exposed to extreme cold in freezers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
* Ability to read and interpret operating statements and identify
corrective actions to negative trends, if needed.
* Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, health
regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedures manuals.
* Ability to perform cash register functions to generate
* Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and
termination practices in compliance with applicable law and company
* Knowledge of all local and state food handling certifications and
* Basic knowledge of personal and network computer systems to
communicate with corporate office, to create merchandise signage,
to obtain and email data and information, etc.
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
* Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
* Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising
* Knowledge of food handling, safety and sanitation
* Ability to effectively communicate information and standards
verbally and in writing to staff, suppliers and customers.
* Ability to interface with staff, suppliers and customers in a
respectful and effective manner.
* Good organizational skills with attention to detail.
* Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations
relating to store operations and business relationships.
* Ability to obtain the required local and state food handling
WORK EXPERIENCE &/or EDUCATION:
* High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
* Three years of retail store experience preferred. Experience to
include at least one to two years as a Department Head/Assistant
Manager, or similar position in a retail grocery store or
equivalent type operation or a current DG key carrier position with
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Huntsville , ASST STORE MANAGER - DGPP in NEW HOPE, AL, Hospitality & Tourism , New Hope, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!