Culinary Line Cook/Prep Cook
Company: Spur Jobs
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Spur is looking for upscale hard working culinary line cook
positions for the newest up and coming restaurant in the Huntsville
area. Rhythm on Monroe is connected to the VBC. The ideal candidate
will value the experience of patrons and work well under stress in
a fast pace restaurant environment. The ideal candidate will also
have upscale service experience.This is a from scratch open kitchen
that requires a high energy team oriented individual. Previous
experience required for Grill, Pantry, Fry, Prep and some
experience needed for Steward/Dishwasher.The restaurant is open 7
days a week mainly dinner with some lunch events.We are looking for
a professional line cook to prepare food to the exact chef's
specifications and to set up stations for menu. Line cook duties
will consist of assisting the executive and sous chef with their
daily tasks. The successful candidate will play a key role in
contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition
The duties and requirements for this position are:
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Using a variety of techniques of cooking and equipment not
limited to cold prep, slicing, baking, frying and saut-- while
following specified recipes.
- High level of energy and focus throughout the entire
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef's
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety
- Prepping all the recipes, chopping vegetables, making
sauces/dressings, and ensuring that the team has the food needed to
deliver picture perfect food to our guests
- You must adhere to all safety/sanitation requirements and have
good personal hygiene.
- Must have strong communication skills, a high attention to
detail, electronic and computer proficiency.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- Rhythm on Monroe expects employees to work their schedule as it
is assigned to them weekly. All call outs must be approved by the
Manager on Duty before scheduled shift and must be accompanied by a
- Must pass a background check.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Familiar with industry's best practices
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods,
ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef,
restaurant cook or prep cook
- Must have a minimum of 1-2 years of serving experience in a
full-service restaurant. (Upscale pref.)
- Available to work day/night shifts and weekends/holidays.What
are the benefits of joining Spur?
- Get paid weekly via direct deposit
- Participate in an employee benefits program
- Gain unlimited access to free online training opportunities
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift
- 10 hour shiftHeadquartered in Huntsville, AL, Spur is an online
staffing company that helps workers and workplaces connect around
on-demand, temporary, part-time, and long-term jobs. Spur helps
businesses and organizations fill their labor needs by providing
easier and less expensive access to workers in their community.
Spur's ultimate mission is to be the most worker-centric company.
The company aims to provide reliable work opportunities, access to
better quality healthcare, faster pay, and more training
opportunities for workers so that they can ultimately improve their
Keywords: Spur Jobs, Huntsville , Culinary Line Cook/Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!