Charge Nurse - RN
Company: American Health Companies
Posted on: April 16, 2019
The purpose of this position is to direct the day-to-day functions
of the Aides/Orderlies and other staff being supervised, as well as
give direct nursing care to patients.
Description of Required Duties and Tasks:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Direct the day-to-day functions of nursing aides and other
staff being supervised.
- Give direct nursing care to patients.
- Visit all assigned patients at regular intervals during tour of
- Supervise feeding of patients as necessary.
- Notify physician when patient's condition warrants.
- Perform administrative duties, such as documenting of:
o Nurses' notes
o Doctors' orders
o Discharge plans
o Dietary changes
o Billing and other charge slips
o Miscellaneous forms, charts, etc.
- Chart pertinent facts and information in a professional, clear
and comprehensive manner.
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients according to
- Recognize and respond to changes in patients' conditions and
document observations, interventions and outcomes.
- Order from pharmacy, prepare and administer medications as
ordered by physician.
- Ensure that physicians sign off on all verbal orders and
- Conduct and/or monitor prescribed treatments, such as dressing
changes, drawing of blood, catheter changes, NG tube insertion and
removal, laboratory work, etc.
- Give and receive condition report from the on-coming and
- Perform emergency procedures, such as cardiopulmonary
resuscitation, and in the event of death, notify family and
appropriate other parties.
- Recognize, intervene and report accidents and incidents when
- Monitor and update care plans on each shift as
- Supervise and participate in fire safety and other disaster
drills and be prepared to carry out duties in the event on an
- Recognize, intervene and/or report complaints and grievances
from patients, families, visitors and employees.
- Monitor the facility for possible health and safety
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of records, conditions and
other information relating to patients, employees and
- Follow the established universal precautions and isolation
- Encourage an atmosphere of optimism, warmth and interest in
patients' personal and health care needs.
- Meet or exceed the dress code of the facility as specified in
the Employee Handbook, which includes neat, clean, odor-free
grooming and dress.
- Update daily census report and submit as required.
- Attend and participate in orientation programs, on-going
training and educational classes.
- Inventory and request equipment, supplies, etc.
- Assist in updates of written policies and procedures of routine
- Participate in surveys made by authorized government
- Admit, transfer and discharge patients.
- Monitor and participate in daily clean-up of the nurses'
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Keywords: American Health Companies, Huntsville , Charge Nurse - RN, Healthcare , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!