Process Technician I / II (Pharmaceutical Manufacturing)
Company: Nektar Therapeutics
Posted on: January 24, 2023
The Process Technician I / II is responsible for manufacturing
clinical and commercial products. This includes:
- Operating production equipment.
- Weighing, measuring and checking raw materials to ensure
batches manufactured contain proper ingredients and
- May help validating processes and equipment that are directly
related to filtration, cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintaining records and clean room environment to comply with
regulatory requirements, current good manufacturing practices
(cGMPs) and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Working under direct supervision performing tasks that are
routine to semi-routine in nature.
- Cleaning, maintaining, assembling, operating and
troubleshooting automated production and packaging equipment
according to SOPs.
- Providing Lab Support for manufacturing suites.
- Learning how to run equipment, reading and understanding the
- Supporting processing by adhering to SOPs.
- Following HazMat procedures, for movement of Raw Material used
in chemical processes.
- Supporting investigations Review SOPs.
- Troubleshooting and offering ideas on improvements.
- Interacting with other departments to share information.
- Performing other duties as assigned. Requirements: For Process
Technician I: BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical
Engineering preferred, or other science related program, or High
School diploma (or equivalent). For Process Technician II: BS
degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering preferred,
or other science related program, or High School diploma (or
equivalent). 2 years of related experience. Experience with Safety
procedures. Solid written and oral communication skills. Ability
work independently with minimal supervision. Experience operating
manufacturing or laboratory equipment is required. Strong
Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, ability to perform
routine adjustments on standardmanufacturing equipment is required.
Computer skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint are
required. Must be able to perform basic math skills
(multiplication, division, ratios, and percentages). Must be
familiar with the metric systems and conversion methods. Ability to
multi-task, work in an organized manner, and possess
trouble-shooting skills. This position requires the ability to work
12 hour shifts on a day schedule M-F. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be detail
oriented and able to follow written procedures. Employee may be
required to perform tasks essential to the job function in areas
that require the use of hearing protection devices. Performance of
tasks essential to the job function may require the employee to
work directly with, handle, or otherwise come in to contact with
chemicals or pharmaceutical agents. Employees must be able to wear
a respiratory protection (filtering face piece, face, full-face, or
powered air purifying respirator, supplied air, or self contained
breathing apparatus) for certain tasks essential to the job
function. Employees must be able to gain access to elevated work
surfaces via vertical ladders or stairs to perform tasks essential
to the job function. Employees must be able to accurately detect
color and have 20/20 vision (with/without corrective lenses).
Employees may be required to enroll in a medical surveillance
program based on the potential exposure to certain health hazards
encountered as a result of their job function.
Keywords: Nektar Therapeutics, Huntsville , Process Technician I / II (Pharmaceutical Manufacturing), Healthcare , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!