Technician II - Met Lab
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities
support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing
techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive
manufacturing.Met Lab Tech IIPrimary Duties
- Prepares samples for analysis/examination and carries out a
range of moderately complex metallurgical services.-- Has thorough
knowledge of specific testing area and can complete all testing
with no supervision.--
- Perform various mechanical tests on general equipment, such as
hardness testing, tension, tensile, resistivity etc.
- Perform various metallographic tests using etchants, polishing
equipment and general metallographic equipment.--
- Collect and record test data obtained during the
- Makes recommendation to supervision based on recorded test
- Record test piece results in the mainframe with moderate
- Perform all other duties and special projects as
assigned.Required for the Met Lab Tech II
- High school diploma required.
- One or more years of relevant experience.Preferred for the Met
Lab Tech II
- --Excellent written and verbal communication skills, well
organized and the ability to prioritize tasks and make appropriate
- --Willing to work in a fast paced, every changing work
- --Working knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards,
methods and practices.
- --Working knowledge of metallurgical/laboratory
- --Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate
- --Ability to perform work of a diversified and more complex
- --Ability to operate general metallurgical/laboratory
- --Ability to work in a production oriented environment.
- --Ability to work with moderate supervision.
- --Verbal and written communication skills.Carpenter Technology
Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits
package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending
accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as
well as many other options to employees.Carpenter Technology
Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program
of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all
employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes,
and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available
regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political
affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The
Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for
qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Huntsville , Technician II - Met Lab, Healthcare , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!