Weekend RN Nursing Supervisor
Company: Diversicare Healthcare Services Inc
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Discover What's Possible!
At Diversicare, we understand the contributions of every team
member are the parts that make up the whole. We appreciate them for
the work they do each day to showcase their talents and gifts.
Discover What's Possible at Diversicare! APPLY NOW!
Access your wages between paychecks with our OnShift Wallet
Full Time Benefits include:
- Excellent 401k plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- DiversICARE - employee hardship fund
- Pay advancement program - OnShift Wallet
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and
residents at 61 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in eight
states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United
States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare
professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each
patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their
It is Diversicare's Mission to "Improve every life we touch by
providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations."
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity,
Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy,
appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture
in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in
fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service
Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what
matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and
professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare
- Receives report on patient/resident status from previous shift,
evaluates and ensures resources in place to meet needs
- Makes physical rounds assessing quality of care, intervening
with provision of care and interacting with care givers and
- Supervises charge nurse/nurses other providers of care in
carrying out their responsibility (medication pass, nursing care,
documentation, treatments, supervision)
- Evaluates performance of charge nurses; coaches and disciplines
- Assesses and monitors to verify patient/residents' needs are
met and policies and procedures are followed.
- Assesses critically ill residents; reports findings to
physician and records observations; may provide direct care as
- Responds and coordinates actions in emergency
- In charge of department/center in absence of Director of
Nursing Services, Administrator as necessary
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing
- Assists with root cause analysis and Quality Improvement/ QAPI
- Ensures safe work practices are followed
- Provides empathetic communication to families,
patient/residents regarding change of condition and in response to
- Ensures resident rights are respected
- Current license by the State Board of Nursing as a Registered
Nurse with experience in the long-term care industry preferred; at
least three years nursing experience required.
- Ability to plan, supervise and coordinates services.
- A preference for contacts with people, as in supervising and
instructing nursing personnel.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or
practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including
gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual
orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic
information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Diversicare Healthcare Services Inc, Huntsville , Weekend RN Nursing Supervisor, Healthcare , Gadsden, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!