Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Class
Company: Regency Retirement Village Huntsville
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Pay Rates STARTING at $12.50/hour during training! Free CNA
class and free certification! No commitment after certification!
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide each of our resident's with routine daily
nursing care and services in accordance with the residents
assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your
supervisors. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The following
duties are normal for this position. This list is not to be
construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be
required and assigned. * Assist resident with Activities of Daily
Living (i.e. bed bath, shower, oral hygiene, combing/brushing hair,
shave male/female, dressing/undressing as necessary)
* Ensure Safety for all Residents
* Assist resident with nail care (i.e. clipping, trimming and
cleaning the finger/toenails, do not include diabetic
* Inform the LPN/Nurse Supervisor of any changes in the resident's
condition so that appropriate care can be provided.
* Keep resident environment clean and free of clutter (i.e. clean
linen, bed neatly made, nightstand, over-bed table and any items
* Provide residents with incontinent care as scheduled and as
needed. Report to LPN/Nurse Supervisor/LPN Treatment Nurse any
areas of redness, open areas, skin tears or discoloration
* Assist with positioning/repositioning residents in bed or chair
* Assist residents with bowel and bladder functions as needed (i.e.
take to bathroom, bedpan/urinal, indwelling catheter.)
* Assist residents to walk with or without self- help devices as
* Obtain resident vital signs
* Answer resident call lights and ensure that residents who are
unable to call for help are checked frequently.
* Follow safety/infection control precautions
* Follow hand washing procedures during your daily duties.
* Assist with meal tray set-up and feeding. Ensure that all meals,
snacks and fluids are recorded.
* Document on flow sheets as directed.
* Assist in transporting residents to activities, therapy etc.
* Report all complaints or grievances to the LPN/Nurse
Supervisor/Director of Nursing/Administrator or Social Worker.
* Immediately report all incidents/accidents to your LPN/Nurse
Supervisor no matter how minor they may be.
* Any suspected abuse must be immediately reported to LPN/Nurse
Supervisor/Director of Nursing/Administrator and Social Worker.
* Performs other tasks as assigned. . h2. QUALIFICATIONS To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Educational
Requirements and Experience: * High school diploma or equivalent
* State of Alabama Certified Nursing Assistant
* Long term health care experience preferred as a Nursing
Assistant. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: * Skilled in directing
and motivating the workforce
* Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
* Ability to work effectively with the residents and their family
members, and at all levels of the facility.
* Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency
* Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality. Customer Service
Requirements: * Solicits resident/family feedback to understand
their needs and the needs of the community.
* Work efforts reflect a passion for exceeding customer
* Be responsible by taking ownership of Quality Care that shows
dedication to serving our resident's lives through empathy and
* Demonstrate commitment to interpersonal excellence through
professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, common
courtesy, a professional attitude and appearance.
* Enriches the facility culture by having fun.
* Recognizes the benefit of team collaboration. Shows respect for
fellow employees by working together to get the job done.
* Effectively addresses resident/family members concerns and
resolves conflict in a manner that is fair to all. a
Keywords: Regency Retirement Village Huntsville, Huntsville , Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Class, Healthcare , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!