LPN - Experience Lead
Company: Thrive Senior Living, LLC
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
It is required that the LPN holds a current, unencumbered license
to practice as a nurse in this state. It is required that the LPN
received a nursing degree from an accredited nursing program,
college or university. It is required that the LPN holds a current
It is preferred that the LPN has six months experience working in a
nursing home, hospital, home health agency or other healthcare
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner, gathering and analyzing information to develop alternative
solutions both alone and with groups.
Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional resident, family
member, and employee situations, responding promptly to their
request for service and assistance, while soliciting feedback to
improve service insuring that commitments are met.
Interpersonal: Focuses on solving conflict and not blaming.
Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting
and keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others' ideas and
tries new things.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or
negative situations. Listens carefully and gets clarification.
Responds well to questions.
Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities,
exhibiting objectivity and openness to others' views. Contributes
to building a positive team spirit.
Planning and Time Utilization: Consistently plans/coordinates work
to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency without sacrificing
quality, accuracy and customer service. Meets deadlines in
completing job assignments and special projects.
Computer Skills: Literate in Word and Excel, as well as preferred
skills in Outlook.
Written Skills: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for
spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; and is
able to read and interpret written information.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the LPN include providing direct
nursing care to residents in an assigned unit under the direction
of the Healthcare Director, Nursing Supervisor or Registered Nurse.
Such care will be performed timely and accurately in accordance
with federal, state and local regulations and current acceptable
policies, procedures and principles relating to the operation of
FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
The following job functions have been determined to be essential to
the position. Management reserves the right to modify this list and
other functions as deemed necessary.
- Provides services in accordance with specific written orders
from a physician and under the supervision of an RN.
- Records all care given and observations during the visit on
- Obtains vital signs on each visit and records.
- Reports and documents pertinent information. Prepares clinical
and progress notes.
- Charts client and family teaching when provided, concerning
condition of illness, related needs, medications, etc.
- Follows preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Records supplies used on Daily Visit Report.
- Attends client care conferences.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency when assisting RN in
performing specialized tasks as directed by plan of care, Nurse
Practice Act, and policies/procedures, with following areas:
- Vital signs
- Preparing and instruction of medications
- Safety and emergency procedures
- Dressing changes in accordance with plan
- Oral and nasal suction
- Nursing assessment and documentation of visits.
- Perform venipuncture as ordered by MD
- Encourages client and family participation in activities of
daily living to increase their independence and self-esteem.
Assists patient in learning self-help techniques.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatment, observing
- Maintains a safe work area free from hazards of fire, spills,
litter, chemicals and equipment. Reports any problems to
- Respects the rights of clients and their family
- Prepares and submits all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Assists in obtaining needed doctor signatures in a timely
- Checks medical supplies in the Community, reviews with
client-needed items, such as medications, groceries; makes
deliveries as needed.
- Records supplies purchased and errands performed on Summary of
- Practices infection control measures and techniques and uses
- Practices efficient use of supplies and materials. Safeguards
the client's private property.
- Respects the rights of clients and families.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client information and client
- Adheres to the Community's dress code.
- Accepts all job assignments and requests to take call.
- Conducts self in a professional manner at all times to reflect
favorably upon the Community.
- Attends all Community required training sessions to maintain
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EQUIPMENT, MATERIALS, MACHINES AND/OR TOOLS USED
The following is a list of the principal equipment, materials,
machines, tools, etc., used by the employee.
Bedside commodes, urinals
Bed and bath lines
Gait belts, geri chairs
Blood pressure cuffs/
Special eating utensils
Soap and hygiene supplies
Back Support Belt
Other miscellaneous devises/ nursing supplies
PHYSICAL STRENGTH REQUIRED
Frequent body movements include lifting, moving, transferring,
bending (static forward bending), stooping/squatting and reaching.
Able to do heavy lifting, pushing, pulling and/or carrying of
objects weighing up to 25 pounds unassisted with twisting and
turning of trunk. Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods
Because the essential functions of the job may require general
involvement in a healthcare facility, including but not limited to,
exposure to AIDS, HIV and Hepatitis B viruses involving Risk
Classification Categories 2 and 3, environmental and safety
conditions will fluctuate. To be qualified for the position, a
person will have the ability to work in this type of environment
without posing a direct threat to self or others.
I understand and acknowledge that this job description sets forth
the basic requirements necessary to perform the job identified and
shall not be considered a detailed description of all job
requirements that may be needed to perform the job. The employer
needs may necessitate performance of multiple other tasks, duties
and responsibilities, including, but not limited to, assuming the
responsibilities of other positions in order to deliver a high
quality of service.
I further understand and acknowledge that this job description is
not all-inclusive and that the Employer reserves the right to
revise and/or change job requirements and responsibilities as
I have reviewed this job description. I certify that I am qualified
to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without
reasonable accommodations, and without posing a direct threat to
myself or others.
I further understand and acknowledge that this job description is
not a contract, in whole or in part, and that I am an employee at
Team Member Signature Date
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Licenses & Certifications
Keywords: Thrive Senior Living, LLC, Huntsville , LPN - Experience Lead, Healthcare , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!