RN / Registered Nurse / Alabama / Any / Rehab Nursing Tech IV Job
Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: September 7, 2020
The Rehabilitation Technician Specialist assists rehabilitation
nurses and/or therapists with rehabilitation treatment and patient
care according to hospital, state, professional and federal
regulations and guidelines. In addition, the position:
- Requires effective communication skills for working with
patients, families, and caregivers.
- Requires competency in assisting with delegated rehabilitation
treatment and patient care.
- Performs tasks as delegated by and supervised by rehabilitation
nurses and/or therapists.
- Maintains open and an on-going communication with coworkers and
The Rehabilitation Technician Specialist supports an environment
and culture that enables the hospital to fulfill its mission by
helping to provide patient safety and patient-centered
treatment.Job Code: 100638POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND ESSENTIAL JOB
License or Certification:
- CPR certification preferred unless otherwise required by hospital
Education, Training and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 6 years experience or holds a specialist certification
such as ATC, massage therapist, AS, BS, or MS degree
- Has completed elements required for clinical ladder Rehab Tech
III or equivalent training in school or on-the-job training. See
Rehab Tech clinical ladder and training manual.
Machines, Equipment Used:
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds of medical supplies and equipment and the
transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable assistance
may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling are
undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
- Adheres to the company's Standards of Business Conduct.
- Maintains current licensure and/or certifications, if
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
- Meets established attendance standards.
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster situations,
i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a disaster
situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 107 Governors Drive, Huntsville 35801
Shift: Night Job
Job ID: 2022339
Keywords: Encompass Health, Huntsville , RN / Registered Nurse / Alabama / Any / Rehab Nursing Tech IV Job, Healthcare , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!