Manager, Financial Management
Company: MorganFranklin Consulting
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Why Work Here?
One word: opportunity. Our professionals embrace our "Own Your
Career" philosophy – sustained growth means creating new
opportunities for experienced consultants at all levels of our
Learn what it means to truly own your career and be a part of a
growing organization with a big, bold future.
What Will You Do?
- As a Manager, you will provide a full range of services that
will utilize your educational background, experience, and
organizational skills while serving the firm's dynamic public
sector client base.
- Drive problem solving and fact finding, while working side by
side with experienced team members, management, and client
- Lead task areas by managing a team of support staff while
coordinating closely with engagement team management and client
leadership on strategy, planning, execution, status, and review
- You will lead and support tasks in the areas of federal
financial management and accounting operations, internal control
management, process improvement, and audit response and
remediation. Typical activities include:
- Lead or support development and maintenance of work products
including job aids, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other
related support documentation for business process
- Track and provide status on provide-by-client requests, sample
requests and follow up questions from Army's auditor.
- Train AWCF personnel on requirements for supporting audit
- Track issues identified by the Army's auditor from the time
they're first identified through to the final Notice of Findings
and Recommendation (NFR).
- Develop recommended Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) for NFRs
issued as part of financial statement audits and assist in the
monitoring and implementation of CAPs.
- Provide Financial Management Improvement – Develop and/or
update the Army strategy and plan to identify and overcome
findings/deficiencies preventing the Army from getting an
unmodified opinion on the AWCF financial statements.
- Provide end-to-end assessments of business processes impacting
the Statement of Budgetary Resources, Statement of Net Costs,
Statement of Changes in Net Position, and the Balance Sheet,
including the identification of financial reporting risks not
sufficiently mitigated by control activities along with the
controls necessary to sufficiently mitigate the risk of material
- Frequently perform data analysis across all financial areas, to
identify potential issues, unexplained anomalies, and/or areas of
- Validate the business processes to meet the Existence,
Completeness, Rights and Valuation assertions for AWCF General
Property, Plant and Equipment (GPP&E) and Inventory.
- Monitor and report on AWCF and supporting activities' ability
to sustain effective controls for the receipt, issue, disposal,
physical inventory, adjustment, and ownership of AWCF
- Validate statement of budgetary
- Perform analysis of existing business processes and internal
controls to identify and elevate risks; while making appropriate
recommendations to management and clients that improve business
processes, policies/procedures, and the overall financial reporting
- Evaluate business processes and assess the current and future
state audit readiness impacts of on-going property accountability
regulatory changes and migrations across accountable property
systems of record (APSR).
What Do You Need to Succeed?
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
- 6 years of experience with federal financial management, AND 3
years of federal accounting experience.
- Master's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology,
or Business Management OR one or more of the following
certifications: CPA, PMP, CGFM, CDFM, CISA.
- Experience with Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness
(FIAR), United States Standard General Ledger (USSGL), FASAB, CFO
Act, FMFIA, FFMIA, ICOFR, GAGAS (Yellow Book), OMB
- Ability to lead work product development and assigned task
areas, effectively coordinating with various communities and
coaching/guiding team members in execution.
- Professional services experience and/or experience supporting
public sector clients.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
- Experience with Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS),
Logistics Modernization Program (LMP), and Global Combat Support
- Knowledge of Army financial management policies, systems, and
- Active CPA license.
- Experience with DoD financial statement audit, internal control
testing or analysis, preparing assertion packages, and coordinating
with external IPA.
Keywords: MorganFranklin Consulting, Huntsville , Manager, Financial Management, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!