Manager -Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting
Posted on: September 12, 2018
The Manager, Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting will oversee and review the compilation of the accounting transactions for each month-end close and to generate the internal financial statements on a monthly basis. The incumbent will prepare and file with the SEC, on a quarterly basis, the publicly reported financial statements. The position will directly supervise financial reporting and/or general accountants.
- Ensures that the company financial reports are prepared in compliance with GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. Prepare the Forms 8K, 10-Q, 10-K, and 11-K in a timely and accurate manner. Submit the documents to management, the external audit firm, and legal counsel for review and revision. File the Forms with the SEC.
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare accounting memos. Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards and document company position.
- Prepare and review Audit Committee and Board of Directors presentations.
- Review earnings release and earnings call transcript for financial accuracy.
- Assist Legal Counsel with preparation and review of Forms 3, 4, and 5.
- Coordinate all communication with the outside Proxy Distribution firm to ensure that the Annual Report, proxy statement, and proxy card are processed and distributed to shareholders in a timely manner. Assist Legal Counsel with the preparation of the proxy statement.
- Monthly, prepare financial statements including the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow, and stockholders' equity for Management review.
- Monthly, prepare all schedules and journal entries necessary for equity compensation reporting, including calculation of fair value and modification accounting. Assist in the stock plan administration.
- Act as point of contact for External Auditors and assist in international audits as needed.
- Manage the Accountants and review the timeliness and accuracy of their work.
- Monthly, prepare and record journal entries for various financial transactions, including equity compensation, professional accounting fees, accruals, etc.
- Participate in and oversee the month-end close process, reviewing all account reconciliations, journal entries, account fluctuation analyses, etc.
- Monthly, reconcile certain general ledger accounts and reconcile ADTRAN's treasury stock to the records from ADTRAN's stock transfer agent.
- Monthly, calculate the number of weighted average shares: basic and diluted.
- Review the Annual Report.
- Review the annual pension valuation and record journal entries.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is required.
- Minimum of 7 -- 10 years' prior experience in SEC and financial reporting experience with a public company or accounting firm with public clients is required.
- Working knowledge of SOX is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Active Disclosure experience preferred.
- CPA is required.
- Very little travel anticipated.
- Technical Ability: A high level of professional technical accounting knowledge and experience is required. The applicant must possess the ability to research the accounting literature to resolve accounting issues and questions and the ability to stay current with evolving accounting issues including, but not limited to International Financial Reporting Standards. Working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, SEC reporting and financial statement preparation skills, and working knowledge of GAAP and SEC reporting rules are required.
- Analytical Skills: The applicant must possess ability to extract and organize financial data in order to reconcile accounts, compile reports, and provide information or to address management's questions. The applicant should be able to anticipate problems, see how a problem and its solution will affect others, gather information prior to making decisions, weigh alternatives against objectives, and arrive at a reasonable solution.
- Communication Skills: A high level of professional communication skills are required to interact with all levels of Management, staff, and other business contacts. The applicant will rely heavily on communication to ensure audits are conducted, and to provide a review and recommendation on internal procedures. Applicant must possess professional phone and e-mail etiquette skills, write and speak effectively, clearly, and concisely, listen to others, respond professionally to feedback, and ask questions to ensure understanding. The applicant must possess the ability to produce the Forms 8-K, 10-Q, 10-K and 11-K.
- Leadership: The applicant must possess the ability to engage others towards results and manage the completion of tasks within established guidelines and timeframes.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: ADTRAN, Huntsville , Manager -Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!