Operations Manager - 2nd Shift
Company: Books-A-Million, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Operations Excellence the 2nd
Shift Operations Manager plans, organizes and monitors all
operations of the Engineering, Nextpick, departments at AWBC. The
2nd Shift Manager is responsible for the proper execution of all
work and project plans and will work collaboratively with
cross-functional teams at AWBC to ensure that operations align with
company-wide strategies and initiatives. - -
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure that operations are aligned and performed to achieve all
2nd shift key performance indicators including productivity,
quality, and safety.
- Manage the execution of all aspects of the Engineering,
Replenishment, and Restock departments.
- Create daily work plans and goals based on facility need and
- Monitor work processes to determine how current processes could
be improved from a productivity, quality, or safety
- Promote safety culture within the departments daily.
- Supervise, coach, train, and develop associates in all
- Facilitate effective communication with associates in the
department through daily meetings.
- Provide operational data from Engineering, Replenishment, and
- Organize workflow to meet priorities, specifications, and
deadlines based on facility needs.
- Analyze routine data to ensure that product movement by the
Engineering team sets up Order Filling picks in the most efficient
manner; perform routine data analysis including running queries
within the AS400.
- Maintain productive working relationships with all
cross-functional areas, particularly Order Filling, Inbound,
Quality, and Inventory Control
- Work with management to recruit, select, and develop talent for
- Apply Lean or Six Sigma tools and techniques to measure,
analyze, improve, and control processes.
Perform other duties as assigned
Keywords: Books-A-Million, Inc., Huntsville , Operations Manager - 2nd Shift, Executive , Florence, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...