Product Manager - Near Huntsville
Company: Marmon Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Cerro Wire LLC
Come join a team where People make the difference! As a part of
Marmon Holdings, Inc., a highly decentralized organization, we rely
heavily on people with the aptitude, attitude, and entrepreneurial
spirit to drive our success, and we're committed to attracting and
retaining top talent.
Manages the activities of overall plans/programs for a specific
product line(s). Researches the design of products and ensures that
quality standards are met.
The Product Manager will be responsible for providing technical and
commercial guidance in the product development of wire and cable
products. This position is specifically focused on metal-clad
cable. This role will lead company initiatives, projects, and
strategy execution that results in commercial success. The Product
Manager will interact with contractors, distributors, cross
functional team members and sales staff; and requires a strong
acumen of a product line P&L and ability to utilize social
media to promote products will also be helpful. Travel expectations
for this role are 15-25%.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years with a proven track record within the
electrical or similar industry.
- Proficient in Windows Office Suite products. Ability to use
products for forecasting, product training and communication.
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to adapt
communication style to appropriate audience.
- Ability to apply people skills to drive teams to define clear
scope upfront for project execution.
- Proven success in leading projects from inception through
completion with direct responsibility for execution. Able to get
results from team members in a positive and collaborative
Major Responsibility Areas and Duties
- Know distributor, customer and end user needs through voice of
the customer research and market data. Ability to translate voice
of customer needs into new product development designs.
- Ability to see market changes coming on the horizon and adjust
product strategies accordingly.
- Develop product lines and appraise new product ideas for market
- Bring new products to market with return-on-investment
- Assess competition by comparing products and leading gap
analysis. Adjust product strategies to contrast competitor product
- Determine product pricing based on market research, production
costs and anticipated demand.
- Create product marketing communications objectives.
- Be a major driving force of innovation on the product
development cross functional teams.
- Market new products with sales and advertising.
- Work with National Account Managers to create product sales
- Work with customers and sales to evaluate product
- Create long-and short-term product sales forecasts and analysis
- Review inventory levels and production schedules for core and
new product availability.
- Work with production management on product cost out
- Work with sales on new packaging ideas and packaging cost out
- Work with sales and technical teams to ensure all customer,
regulatory state, federal, and industry standards relating to
packaging are met.
- Manage the product team, including coaching, personnel actions,
planning, monitoring and performance.
- Continue professional and technical education by attending
workshops, seminars, etc.
- Travel to support customer needs and achieve sales
- Interface with all levels of the organization and clearly
communicate product features and options.
- Ability to translate complex concepts and data into graphically
appealing and easy-to-understand presentations.
- Experience in partnering with internal strategic partners and
external vendors to develop and enhance content.
- Strong relationship and client management skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
with a sense of urgency.
- Business acumen with ability to understand complex issues,
provide strategic counsel to leadership, develop and execute a
strategy, anticipate response and act accordingly.
- Strong creative writing, editing, strategic planning,
analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to communicate to a global audience.
- Ability to manage complex/sensitive communications while
maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Experience managing multiple projects at once while driving
- Ability to create communication strategy and execution
- Strong project management skills, from concept to planning to
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting information to
develop strong key messages.
- Demonstrates initiative, problem-solving and organizational
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills.
Following receipt of a conditional offer of employment, candidates
will be required to complete additional job-related screening
processes as permitted or required by applicable law.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to their membership in
any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to
complete your application or any part of the recruiting process,
please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please be sure
to include the title and the location of the position for which you
Keywords: Marmon Holdings, Inc., Huntsville , Product Manager - Near Huntsville, Executive , Hartselle, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!