Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager
Company: JCF Living
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*OVERVIEW: * The MANAGER is totally accountable for all
community operations. The purpose of the MANAGER is to effectively
manage and coordinate persons, activates, and available resources
to accomplish community objectives as set forth by the Regional
Property Manager and property owner. These objectives will include
maximizing occupancy levels and community values. In addition, the
MANAGER will train the assistant manager to assume all managerial
duties in the event of the property manager's absence.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: *
* Conduct all business in accordance with Banyan One, Inc. policies
and procedures. Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair
Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
* In conjunction with the Supervisor, the property manager will
assist in formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year.
The property manager is responsible for staying within the
established budget guidelines throughout the year.
* Actively maintain and report monthly variances and
* Ensures that all rents are collected when due and posted in a
timely manner. Males sure that all bank deposits are made
immediately, and deposits are reported to the corporate office
* Performs evictions, utility cut-offs and landlord liens as
required on delinquent rents.
* Constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work
scheduling, billings, vendor relations and certificates of
insurance. The property manager is responsible for approving and
submitting all invoices to corporate office for payment
* Makes rental rate recommendations to Regional Property
* Hires, trains, motivates and supervises all on-site staff to
achieve operational goals of assigned community. This includes new
employee orientation and training, ongoing formal and informal
performance evaluation, review and approval of timesheets,
instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and
* Provides comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees.
Facilitates disciplinary procedures and documentations up to and
including terminations of employment if necessary.
* Conducts on-going training with office staff; e.g., leasing
paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that
may be needed daily.
* Reports all liability and community incidents to the corporate
office immediately. Ensures that all workers' compensations claims
are reported, and proper paperwork is completed.
* Property manager will complete any pertinent safety checklists
with maintenance staff.
* Ensures that lease files are complete, and that completion of
leases is being executed property. Approves in writing all leases
on the property.
* Responsible for offices opening on schedule, condition of office,
and model apartment.
* Attends scheduled corporate management meetings, usually held on
a quarterly basis at the regional office.
* Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a
daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submits required reports to
corporate offices on a weekly and monthly basis.
* Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
* Periodic inspection with residents move-in/move-outs.
* Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the
* Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident
communications; e.g., complaints, service requests, etc.
* Physically walk and inspect community on a regular basis; check
on vacant apartments.
* Updates board indicating vacancy status daily. Coordinates with
maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure timely condition of
apartments after move-out.
* Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor to monitor and schedule
all maintenance activity.
* Conduct market surveys weekly and provide trend report
information. Shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market
conditions no less than monthly.
* Welcome and show community to prospective new residents. Also,
handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and
complete appropriate paperwork.
* Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via
trade publications, professional organizations, etc.
Position prefers 5 years' experience in on-site property
management; 3 as property manager. Must have background in
supervision and successful track record of accomplishments.
*Computer Skills: * Letter Processing and Microsoft Office
*Work Hours: * Full time hours- salaried position. Must be
available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
*DRIVING/TRAVELING REQUIREMENTS: *
* Frequent need (20% to 25% of the time) to utilize personal
transportation to inspect apartment community and surrounding
neighborhood, make trips to the back and visit the corporate
* Occasional use of golf cart may be necessary.
* Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
* Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Lebanon, TN 37090: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Customer service: 4 years (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: JCF Living, Huntsville , Property Manager/Assistant Property Manager, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!