EMS Sales & Marketing Manager
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Position Summary:The EMS Sales and Marketing Manager is a key
team member in the sales organization, specifically specializing in
electronic manufacturing services. Primarily, this position plans,
coordinates and manages the sales and marketing of electronic
manufacturing services for industrial and commercial markets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with external sales force to identify, develop and
grow new and existing customers for the Futaba group.
- Customer Communication: Provide customer follow-up on sales and
technical questions; provide samples and technical documentation as
requested. Ascertains customers' potential interest and guides them
in direction to best suit FCA capabilities.
- Marketing: Develop and execute marketing plans and programs,
both short and long range, to ensure profit growth and expansion of
company products and/or services. Participate in the planning and
execution of advertising and promotion activities including print,
electronic and direct mail outlets; conduct marketing surveys on
current and new product concepts.
- Sales: Prepare quotations for both standard and custom
products; make sales and marketing calls on key customers to
acquire and maintain business. Develop and recommend pricing
strategy which will result in the greatest share of the
- Budgeting: Compile and prepare data for short and long range
forecasts for the semi-annual budgets. Ensure effective control of
marketing results and establish corrective action to be certain
that the achievement of marketing objectives are within designated
- Perform market research, analysis and monitoring of financial,
technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market
opportunities and to minimize competitive activity.
- Evaluate market reactions to advertising programs to ensure the
timely adjustments of the marketing strategy and plans to meet
changing market and competitive conditions.
- Provides forecast data on a weekly and/or monthly basis and
budget data on a quarterly or as needed basis.
- Participate in tradeshows to promote Futaba products and
services and network for new leads and customers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management to ensure
the success of Futaba. Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly
supervises EMS Sales & Marketing employees. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and
training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work;
appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems. Experience and
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Electrical
Engineering, or relevant field.
- 10 years' of related experience.
- Advanced MS Office skills, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook
are required.Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Ability Requirements:
- Excellent verbal communication skills: Ability to effectively
communicate information in one-on-one and small group situations to
customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
from groups of managers and customers.
- Strong written communication skills: Ability to write reports,
business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong language skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret
general business periodicals, professional journals, technical
procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Reasoning ability: Define problems, collect data, establish
facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an
extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Intermediate math skills with ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% is required.Work Environment:The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an associate encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions:The noise level in the work environment is generally
quiet. Physical & Mental Requirements:The physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Sedentary physical activity requiring: walking, reaching,
lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, feeling, repetitive motions,
talking and hearing.
- Visual requirement is for close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 80% or more time is spent looking directly at a computer.
- Associate is occasionally required to stand, walk (or otherwise
- Ability to deal with stressful situations as they arise.
Keywords: Futaba, Huntsville , EMS Sales & Marketing Manager, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!