Senior Project Manager- Federal Market
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Dewberry is seeking a Senior Project Manager in Huntsville AL to
act as primary contact between our office and the Owner;
effectively managing projects from concept through design, bidding,
negotiation, and construction administration to winning the next
project with the same client. Based on candidates knowledge of the
Federal market, including existing client relationships and ability
to establish new client relationship, acquire new projects. Work
closely with the client to anticipate and avoid problems. Quickly
solve problems that arise. Work with multi-disciplined team to
provide first rate engineering documents that meet clients needs,
project specifications and governing standards/codes. Assist the
client to achieve their professional goals and that of their
organization and in general, doing whatever is necessary to
maintain a Client for Life.Dewberry is a leading, market-facing
professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000
professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors
are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and
strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients.
Whether youre an experienced professional or a new graduate, youll
have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work
on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the
industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal
integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call
Dewberry at Work, that have inspired our employees to be successful
for more than a half-century.
- Maintain primary one-to-one contact with the client.
- Understand the client's needs and goals and that of his/her
- Draft proposals for new projects with existing clients for
review and signature of the Principal In Charge of Business and
track proposals through award of project. Work with client to
develop additional work.
- Attend regular design meetings with the client and issue
- As project manager; lead, organize, and schedule design team
- Organize and direct frequent in-house design meetings.
- Prepare detailed personnel loading by task interfaced with the
- Coordinate with Design Discipline Managers to schedule, plan
and assign appropriate personnel.
- Prepare detailed project timeline and maintain design
- Organize and maintain project design folder.
- Document meetings and telephone conversations.
- Provide quality control to ensure that all of the clients'
needs and requests have been accommodated. Ensure and coordinate
among all of the disciplines involved, including outside
- Provide 'on-the-spot' advice and decisions to Owner.
- Advise on project billing and assist in collections.
- Supervise and coordinate the submission of documents to the
appropriate reviewing authorities.
- Coordinate the responses to reviews. Ensure that responses are
in fact reflected in the drawings and specifications.
- Arrange for in-house quality review in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate as required to ensure construction administration
phase of the project puts Dewberry in positive standing with Client
at all times.
- Perform site visits, inspections, and commissioning activities
as required to support the Construction Administration
- Assist with recruiting, evaluating, and making recommendations
regarding new employees to support MEP Federal practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
- Accomplished Engineer or similar with 10+ years of project
management experience, with a minimum of 5 years working in the
- Knowledgeable of construction process, familiar with FARS and
- Self-motivated with highly developed verbal, written and
- Well organized, with good understanding of plumbing,
mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems with general
knowledge of applicable codes, national standards, client design
standards, system operation, space requirements, and cost.*At this
time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work
authorization.*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or
sexual orientation.*Only recipients of an offer of employment from
Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening
which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification,
educational and other credential verification, driving record
check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer
report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberrys background
vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all
applicable federal, state, and local law.ID: 9480 Relocation Bonus
Eligible: Yes Service Line: IES External Company URL:
Keywords: Dewberry, Huntsville , Senior Project Manager- Federal Market, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!