Human Engineering Manager
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionAt Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make
the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can
contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity,
equity and inclusion are shared values. We re committed to
fostering an environment for every teammate that s welcoming,
respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional
growth. Find your future with us.Boeing Defense Systems is
currently looking for two Human Engineering First Line Managers to
join their team in Saint Louis, MO and Huntsville, AL. These
positions will focus on supporting all Product Families within the
Boeing Defense Systems (BDS) business organization . A successful
candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as these
positions will focus on working directly with the Sr. Talent
Acquisition Leader to implement candidate-centric recruitment
strategies helping to enable the BCA business to meet their
organizational goals. Position Responsibilities :
- Manages, develops, and motivates a team of engineers to deliver
Human Engineering (Human Factors, Ergonomics, and Human Computer
Interaction) solutions in the design, development, production and
implementation of Boeing processes and products.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and relationships
with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers, and
direct reports to enable the growth and strengthening of Human
- Exercises critical thinking and innovative problem solving in
relation to strengthening Human Engineering and contributes to the
Human Engineering growth strategy and capability roadmaps.
- Leads projects or initiatives at the direction of the
engineering organization to implement process / product
improvements related to Human Engineering.
- Aligns Human Engineering Team resources to meet multiple
- Acts as the initial point of escalation for issues or
challenges encountered by the team members. Capable of effectively
triaging and de-escalating issues with impacted parties.
- Analyzes hiring results, metrics and trends to influence team
strategy and performance.
- Manages a group of roughly 15-20 direct reports This position
requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which
the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or
final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required. Basic
Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in Human Engineering working as part of
an integrated product team throughout the product lifecycle which
comprises of requirements engineering, detailed design, testing and
- 3+ years of people management experience wherein the candidate
is responsible for performance management and career development of
the reporting employees.
- Strong communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills are
required to succeed in this position as well as presentation and
facilitation skills to work with cross-functional groups in
establishing and achieving common goals Preferred Qualifications
- Human Engineering experience in the aerospace domain.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Engineering standards for design,
testing & certification (such as MIL-STL-1472, MIL-STD-1474,
MIL-STD-1787, MIL-STD-3009, MIL-STD 411F, and JSSG-2010).
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies, policies and
procedures related to Human Engineering of aerospace and defense
- Past experience and demonstrated ability to manage Human
Engineering in relation to aerospace product design and
development, testing and planning and coordination, and relevant
- Ability to define HFE processes for use by Human Engineering
- Ability to derive Human Factors/Human Engineering
- Must have ability to accomplish results through effective
collaboration working with all stakeholders including colleagues
throughout the Boeing enterprise.
- Demonstrated engineering leadership experience in major
- Ability to work well with virtual teams across multiple
- Familiarity with MS Office tools.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude and a
track record of working successfully under pressure. Typical
Education & Experience: Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science
degree from an accredited course of study, in Industrial
Engineering, Psychology, or Human Factors Engineering. ABET is the
preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate
eligibility.Referral Bonus:Referral to this job is eligible for
bonus.Drug Free Workplace:Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where
post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for
marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when
criteria is met as outlined in our policies.Additional Information:
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may
commence before the end date.Equal Opportunity Employer:Boeing is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental
disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other
characteristics protected by law.
Keywords: BOEING, Huntsville , Human Engineering Manager, Executive , Elora, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!