Independence Consultation Manager
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) - Independence
Are you interested on being on the cutting edge of regulatory
compliance? Are you focused on helping others comply with
regulations and policies? Are you passionate about research and
subject-matter expertise in a professional services environment?
Then our ICN Consultation team may be the right fit for you!
Work you'll do
As an independence consultation manager, you'll promote and monitor
compliance with auditor independence rules and regulations as well
as internal policies and procedures to help manage Deloitte's
regulatory and reputational risk. You'll leverage your accounting
and auditing background to assist our audit engagement teams as
they evaluate employment relationships at our clients. The ICN
Consultation team is responsible for handling independence
inquiries received from our professionals and engagement teams. As
an Independence Consultation Manager, you'll be part of a strong
and cohesive team where you will use your analytical, research and
investigative skills to:
- Serve as a key resource for professionals, Lead Client Service
Partners and engagement teams to evaluate the independence rules
and regulations as it relates to current and former Deloitte
professionals' employment relationships that may bear on our
independence by applying independence rules to client-specific fact
- Interpret and apply independence rules set forth by the SEC,
PCAOB or AICPA.
- Guide engagement teams in their independence discussions and
communications with clients, audit committees or those charged with
- Work closely with ICN Partners/Managing Directors and Senior
Managers to analyze and conclude on the permissibility of
employment relationships impacting our clients and their
- Independently prepare high quality communications and internal
memos with input from a Partner/Managing Director or Senior
Manager, as needed.
- Review and challenge the documentation prepared by other team
members and engagement teams, regarding employment
- Manage and provide direction to staff team members.
- Collaborate with team members to identify efficiencies within
current processes and suggest areas for improvement.
The ICN Personal Consultation Team provides a critical consultative
function, advising our professionals and engagement teams as they
analyze complex employment relationships that may impact our
clients and their affiliates. Independence requirements are defined
by specific sets of policies, external rules and regulations, so
maintaining both the independence of the Deloitte U.S. firm and its
professionals is essential to the business and reputation of
Risk & Brand Protection (R&BP)
At Deloitte, we are stewards of reputation-ours and our clients.
That's why we foster a culture that protects, preserves, and
enhances our reputation. With your help, we will distinguish
Deloitte as the clear leader in professional services, making us
the first choice for clients and talent.
Independence & Conflicts Network
The Independence & Conflicts Network (ICN) Personal Consultation
team performs a critical consultative, quality-assurance and
risk-management function for the Deloitte US Firms, helping the
organization remain unbiased and free from conflicts-of-interest,
in fact and appearance, when providing service to attest/audit
clients. Independence requirements are defined by specific sets of
policies, external rules and regulations, so maintaining both the
independence of the Deloitte US Firms and personal independence is
essential to the business and reputation of Deloitte.
- Bachelors' degree (preferably in accounting)
- 5-8+ years of accounting or auditing experience
- Positive customer service attitude and dedication to
- Proficient in standard office-productivity tools (Microsoft
Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Outstanding attention to detail along with strong technical,
organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely, both
orally and in writing, to various audiences and levels of seniority
across the globe
- Experience managing a team and multiple projects.
- Ability to react positively to an environment where priorities
and deadlines can quickly change.
- Ability to manage and prioritize time required on activities
and be responsive to requests for information.
- Demonstrate initiative and good judgment.
- Limited immigration sponsprship may be available.
- Knowledge of Independence requirements for professional
- Experience working in a large corporation or accounting
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or
Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable
estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation
range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada
and takes into account the wide range of factors that are
considered in making compensation decisions including but not
limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and
certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The
disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable
geographic differential associated with the location at which the
position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an
individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their
role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and
circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current
range is $86425 to $127330.
You may also be eligible to participate in a discretionary annual
incentive program, subject to the rules governing the program,
whereby an award, if any, depends on various factors, including,
without limitation, individual and organizational performance.
Keywords: Deloitte, Huntsville , Independence Consultation Manager, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!