Back End Billing Department Manager
Company: Eurofins USA
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Company Description Eurofins Scientific is an international life
sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing
services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and
our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the
food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on,
Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure
the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic
and labelling is accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader
in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products
testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the
global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory
services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO,
advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in
Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than
900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more
than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000
analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition,
authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological
substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical
diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging
players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing. In 2019,
Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR --- 4.56 billion, and has
been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20
years. Job Description Position Summary: This is a team leadership
position, with responsibility for the Company's receivables. The
Billing Manager will be responsible for and maintain production and
quality standards to ensure efficiency and accuracy. They will
evaluate and coordinate the activities of staff to ensure that
short-and-long range objectives are met. The Billing Manager will
coordinate with others to implement change and ensure compliance
with corporate policy and audit standards. Essential Duties and
- Overall training and oversight of the back-end billing process
to ensure compliance and timely filing
- Analyze and follow up on billing issues following each issue to
its completion. Report trends to error and denial trends to the
Billing Department Director
- Monitor updates to the accounts receivable system including
printing and reviewing reports, (e.g, daily postings and balances,
- Responsible for all Aging AR buckets in relation to Denials,
Posting, and Medical Records
- Decrease timely filing adjustments
- Monitor all adjustments and complete quality reviews with
reporting trends to the Billing Department Director
- Continue to decrease number of days outstanding in relation to
- Trend deficiencies related to incomplete requisitions that
- Trending all payors related to denials related to deficient
- Review and understand all payor medical records reviews and
audits for quality and productivity to ensure compliance with
- Know and support approved corporate and departmental policies
and procedures relating to business procedures, philosophies and
conduct ensuring communications and acceptance by staff
- Operate and execute procedures and processes, within area of
responsibility, in accordance with the established company
- Maintain, statistical reports for use in staffing and
management decisions; perform quality assurance audits; track
errors as assigned
- Ensure that the staff is appropriately trained and that
training materials are current
- Serve as a resource to others at all levels in problem solving,
testing changes, meeting audit, and identifying and implementing
improvements. Communicate directly with internal and external
parties to resolve complex problems
- Represent the department in meetings on a variety of topics
with co-workers and/or outsiders; maintain adequate documentation
of these meetings and ensure that findings are shared
- Responsible for managing the activities of assigned billing
staff in providing quality billing services and settlements in a
timely and accurate manner ensuring adherence to department
policies and procedures
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned with ability to
multitask and prioritize deliverables and understand business
- Set the example relating to professionalism, attendance,
attitude, Diatherix and attire.
- Network with all supporting departments, provide consistent
communication and feedback
- Create and foster a team environment with all the billing team
and leadership team
- Must be able to work standard operating hours 7-5:30pm
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends as required Core
Competencies with Definition Oral Communication: The ability to
express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with
- Speaks clearly and can be easily understood.
- Tailors the content of speech to the level and experience of
- Uses appropriate grammar and choice of words in oral
- Expresses ideas concisely in oral speech.
- Summarizes or paraphrases his/her understanding of what others
have said to verify understanding and prevent miscommunication.
Written Communication: The ability to express oneself clearly in
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely in writing using
grammatically correct language.
- Tailors written communications to effectively reach an
- Uses graphics and other aids to clarify complex or technical
- Uses an appropriate business writing style. Managing Change:
The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for
organizational changes needed to improve the organization's
effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing
organizational change; helping others to successfully manage
- Works cooperatively with others to produce innovative
- Helps employees to develop a clear understanding of what they
will need to do differently, as a result of changes in the
- Implements or supports various change management activities
(e.g., communications, education, team development, coaching).
- Establishes structures and processes to plan and manage the
orderly implementation of change.
- Helps individuals and groups manage the anxiety associated with
- Facilitates groups or teams through the problem-solving and
creative-thinking processes leading to the development and
implementation of new approaches, systems, structures, and methods.
Providing Motivational Support: The ability to enhance others'
commitment to their work.
- Recognizes and rewards team members for their achievements and
- Expresses pride in the group accomplishments and encourages
team members to feel good about their accomplishments.
- Finds creative ways to ensure that team members view their job
- Identifies and promptly tackles morale problems.
- Gives talks or presentations that energize groups.
- Fostering Teamwork: The ability to demonstrate interest, skill,
and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
- Provide opportunities for people to learn to work together as a
- Enlist the active participation of everyone.
- Ensure that all team members are treated fairly.
- Recognizes and encourages the behaviors that contribute to
teamwork. Forward Thinking: The ability to anticipate the
implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate
action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Anticipates possible problems and develops contingency
- Notices trends and develops plans to prepare for opportunities
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans
- Anticipates how individuals and groups will react to situations
and information and plans accordingly. Initiative: Identifies what
needs to be done and does it before being asked or before the
situation requires it.
- Does more than what is normally required in a situation.
- Seeks out others involved in a situation to learn their
- Takes independent action to change the direction of events.
Developing Others: The ability to delegate responsibility and to
work with others and coach to develop them.
- Provides helpful, behaviorally specific feedback to
- Share's information, advice, and suggestions to help others to
be more successful; provides effective coaching.
- Gives people assignments that will help develop their
- Regularly meets with employees to review their development
- Recognizes and reinforces people's developmental efforts and
- Expresses confidence in others' ability to be successful.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business or a related field
- Requires 8+ years of experience in a related area
- AAPC or AHIMA certification is a plus
- Previous Management experience with additional emphasis on
Billing Revenue Cycle process
- Billing Manager with direct reports greater than 15 with
minimum of 8 yrs experience a must
- Experience in Laboratory Billing preferred
- Experience working with Xifin Billing System preferred
- Thorough understanding of HIPAA compliance and PHI management
Ability and/or Skills:
- General software skills, including Microsoft products and an
aptitude for learning other products. Familiarity with billing
software such as Xifin and Frontrunner
- Detailed experience with Excel, Pivot tables, gantt charts,
trending, and analytical reporting a must
- Knowledge of bank operations including ACH, check/card
processing, and lockbox
- Understanding of payor trends and policies
- Advanced analytical skills related to billing processes,
staffing and work assignments across departments, problem-solving
and progressing towards objectives
- Strong organizational skills a must
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Must have increased understanding of basic computer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
- Extra hours will be required from time to time to meet critical
deadlines and department objectives
- Interpersonal skills for coaching, mentoring staff and
- Must demonstrate decision making, prioritizing deliverables,
and team building skills Additional Information Eurofins is a M/F,
Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer. M-F 8am-5pm Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and
Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Keywords: Eurofins USA, Huntsville , Back End Billing Department Manager, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!