Chief Financial Officer
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Overview The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible
for the leadership and execution of the Accounting, Contracts and
Purchasing functions of the organization. The individual 's primary
responsibilities will be to execute these functions in accordance
with corporate policies and procedures and in compliance with
government regulations. This individual will report to the CEO.
- Lead the execution of financial operations including general
ledger entries, account reconciliations and month-end and year-end
- Prepare timely and accurate accounting statements, reports, and
related financial information for internal and external
- Lead and/or support internal and external audits of the
accounting, contracts and purchasing processes and records.
- Support contract negotiation and oversee contract
administration to mitigate corporate risk.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and training
materials for the accounting, contracts and purchasing functions in
accordance with corporate quality program requirements.
- Interface effectively with all corporate functional
organizations to maximize the efficiencies, ensure consistent
understanding and adherence to corporate policies.
- Lead the implementation of new internal controls to ensure
compliance and enhance the workflow of the accounting and contracts
- Actively seek to increase operations efficiency thru process
improvement or cost reductions.
- Develop relevant operations metrics to assess the health and
status and/or overall risk posture of the operations functions
- Develop and implement a communications plan to achieve
effective communications with internal and external
- Support strategic planning and organization development to
achieve long term goals and objectives
- Supervise and mentor personnel, promote employee development
and knowledge sharing
- Support other duties as assigned.Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor 's degree in Accounting required. Master 's degree
- CPA certification highly desired
- At least 12 years of experience leading accounting and/or
contracts functional organizations, preferably in the defense
- Demonstrated experience with Costpoint accounting software
- A natural collaborator who works effectively across functional
boundaries to drive and influence positive outcomes for the
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must have demonstrated experience leading geographically
- Must be able to plan and organize time to work productively and
efficiently while being able to adjust to changes in priorities and
- Takes responsibility for being part of solving complex problems
as part of a team.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic
- Willing to engage with peers in trade groups to learn and
advance personal knowledge of the industry Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend, stretch and lift up to 10 pounds
- Compliance with COVID-19 vaccine policy Clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance required.
- Huntsville, AL Travel
- Approximately 10% travel required.
Keywords: ExecuNet, Huntsville , Chief Financial Officer, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!