Systems Engineering Manager - Space and Launch Systems
Posted on: April 10, 2021
The Boeing Company is seeking a Systems Engineering Level M
Manager to- lead the integration of the System Engineering team
supporting the Space Launch System (SLS) Core Stage (CS) Program.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a
world-class systems engineering team and system engineering
products to support design, development, integration, validation
and verification of the SLS CS, keeping the program executing for
the foreseeable future.-You will be a leader of a high performance
systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers,
program management, integration and test engineers and senior
technologists.-The successful candidate will integrate the
activities of the SEIT team deployed across the SLS CS program to
assure a strong systems engineering approach to meet the technical
performance requirements and assure mission success.-Qualified
candidate will lead and manage a team of system engineers deployed
on this critical NASA program. The position reports to the Boeing
Space and Launch Systems Engineering, Integration and Test Director
and located in Huntsville, AL.Primary Responsibilities:
- System Engineering focal for SLS CS to the Boeing Space and
Launch Engineering organization
- Integrate the SEIT activities across SLS CS program to assure
strong systems engineering performance
- Overall systems engineering and integration for the SLS CS
- Requirements decomposition and flow down to the appropriate
- System test planning and execution, to include functional
validation as well as formal requirement sell-off
- Command and Data Handling and Communications and Tracking
subsystems for the SLS CS program
- Support Hardware and Software Integration activities for the
SLS CS program.
- Provide leadership over planning, scheduling, risk management
and opportunity capture activities.
- Collaborate with cross functional departments to ensure that
system objectives are met.
- Support new business development activities, including
proposals, cost and schedule estimationManagement Duties Include:
- Plan and manage program SEIT work scope (Cost, Schedule,
- Coach, counsel, mentor and provide developmental opportunities
- Perform employee performance management, hiring, retention,
awards/recognition, and goal setting
- Executes to program staffing, hiring, critical skills, and
employee development plans
- Supporting critical program staffing and redeployment
activities, and identification of Systems Engineering strategic
- Development and execution of a robust training and development
- Development of employee engagement activities to motivate and
engage the workforceThis position must meet Export Control
compliance requirements, therefore a -US Person- as defined by 22
C.F.R. - 120.15 is required. -US Person- includes US Citizen,
lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. The ability to pass
a background check appropriate for access to NASA facilities is
required.Basic Qualifications (Required skills and experience):
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited course of study
in engineering, computer science, mathematics or physics.
- 10+ years of experience in performing space launch vehicle or
satellite system engineering.
- 5+ years leading a team of systems or software engineers
working on space-based systems.
- Experience in development, integration, validation, and
verification of large scale space systems.
- US Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. - 120.15 is
required.Preferred Qualifications (Desired skills and experience):
- Experience with NASA programs.
- Previous technical management experience.**This position offers
relocation based on candidate eligibility**Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.-
Keywords: BOEING, Huntsville , Systems Engineering Manager - Space and Launch Systems, Executive , Trenton, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!