Director of Program and Operations
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile
products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has
opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space
exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting
multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a
culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining
Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and
protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the
future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman's Space Launch and Missile Defense Systems Sector
is seeking a Director of Program and Operations to support the
Missile Defense Solutions (MDS) Business Unit located in either
Huntsville AL or Colorado Springs, CO. Huntsville is the preferred
The Director will provide the leadership, management, and vision to
ensure performance on current programs, robust execution of
development programs and capture of future program opportunities.
Working with the MDS Unit Leadership Team, the position will direct
strategic and operational initiatives to effectively grow the
business and ensure continued financial strength and operating
efficiency. The Director must possess the leadership skills to
inspire others through integrity, trust, conviction, respect, and
the ability to articulate strategy and lead operations.
In this position, the selected candidate will be responsible for
- Leading and providing support to Business/Operating Unit
Directors and Program Managers to enable high performing program
- Proactively identify potential program risks.
- Oversee all status and reporting cadence for the BU (includes
all weekly and monthly reports to division).
- Support all program life cycle reviews to include new program
start-up(s) and participate in existing program reviews.
- Actively support NAR/ICE reviews of bids.
- Will partner with Operating Unit Directors to ensure consistent
and timely reporting of activities for IPRS, dashboards, metrics,
MMR and division milestones.
- Build relationships between departments and functional staff to
ensure success in meeting business and operational goals
- Support the Long Range Strategic Plan, Annual Operating Plan
and assist in the development of new business acquisition
- Bachelor's degree in a technical, business or related
- Minimum of 15 years of experience
- Secret clearance with the ability to be granted TS/SCI
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Experience with Defense Community customers
- Possess a broad background with a varying portfolio of
experiences including hardware, software, integration and
- Successful track record in bidding and leading programs with
successful, quantifiable business results
- Proven record in customer relations; expectation management;
negotiations; and building and sustaining coalitions with
customers, government support staff, and other contractors
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and presentation skills,
including the ability to clearly and succinctly communicate complex
concepts and influence outcomes at the executive level
- Successful large Program Management experience
- Familiarity with cost plus award fee, cost plus fixed fee, firm
fixed price, and cost plus incentive fee contracting and
subcontracting Preferred Qualifications:
- M.S. or MBA degree in a technical, business or related
- Personal technical understanding of the key concepts and
methods associated with development and test operations, modeling
and simulation, IT global enterprise, and warfighter support
- Familiarity with Performance-Based Acquisition contracting
(e.g., Performance Work Statement (PWS), Service Level Agreements
(SLAs), Acceptable Quality Levels (AQLs))
- Strong understanding of Northrop Grumman policies and practices
and / or in a similar corporate culture
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills Associated topics:
administrative assistant, administrative officer, administrative
support, asso, associate, facilities, front desk, food, operational
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Huntsville , Director of Program and Operations, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!