Director of Member Engagement - Remote Opportunity
Company: Cavendish Farms Corporation
Posted on: February 23, 2021
National Postdoctoral Association Career Center
- Director of Member Engagement - Remote Opportunity Director of
Member Engagement - Remote Opportunity Kentucky Nonprofit Network,
the state association of nonprofits, seeks a dynamic and
results-driven team member to lead our growing membership program.
While KNN has office space in Lexington, remote applicants are
encouraged to apply. Post COVID-19, the Director of Member
Engagement would be expected to travel to Lexington to attend
in-person staff meetings and conduct other periodic travel across
Kentucky (less than 25%).
If you are passionate about helping Kentucky's nonprofits succeed,
are knowledgeable about the nonprofit sector and possess the
combination of skills and experience required, we are eager to hear
The Director of Member Engagement is the chief membership
ambassador and lead team member responsible for KNN's membership
program, including member recruitment, retention and engagement
efforts to achieve aggressive monthly and annual goals. The
Director also works with other team members to ensure quality
programs exist for KNN members and the at-large nonprofit
community, providing support for KNN educational opportunities and
Membership Lead a comprehensive strategic membership plan that
includes strategies and actions for: retaining and increasing
membership; developing benefits that increase the value of
membership; and marketing new and existing member services. The
Director is expected to achieve aggressive monthly and annual
- Implement KNN's member acquisition plan - identifying
prospective members; implementing strategies to solicit membership
(i.e. letters, visits, email, invitations to events; phone calls;
etc.); implementing conversion strategies to engage nonprofits in
membership activities; developing systems to track the
effectiveness of strategies utilizing the KNN database.--
- Achieve and exceed monthly and annual membership goals.--
- Manage the member renewal process. Distribute membership
letters and emails for renewal; conduct dues collection
calls/emails as needed; conduct member exit interviews.--
- Implement an onboarding system for new members, new
CEO's/executive directors and prospective/existing members
utilizing specific benefits based on gathered intelligence (web
usage, benefits usage, email clicks, etc.).
- Plan and implement member engagement strategies including
webinars, in person events and other opportunities to encourage
member connection and recognition of membership value.
- Track membership and implement successful strategies for
engaging board and other staff in member recruitment and
- Achieve and exceed monthly and annual member retention goals.
- Serve as central point of member contact for responding to
issues and requests via phone, voicemail, email and various online
- Collect and interpret member and non-member intelligence to
ensure KNN's services align with demands/interest, including member
needs, the member benefits package, entry criteria and
competitiveness using membership surveys and KNN's database.
- Assist with management of KNN's agreements with endorsed
partners to meet the existing and emerging needs of organizational
members. Ensure record keeping of usage in the KNN database and
manage compliance with terms and monitor the fee distribution from
partners and member participation.
- Work with the KNN team to develop new member services as needed
and manage current member service programs including
relationship-building with partners and benefit providers.
- Serve as the lead staff member to ensure accurate
record-keeping in the KNN database and provide training and support
for KNN staff.
- Ensure the KNN website and database communicate
- Utilize KNN's database and software to enter data, generate
reports and other processes to effectively manage the membership
program, educational events and communications efforts. As part of
the KNN team, assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation
of educational and professional development opportunities that meet
the evolving needs of Kentucky's nonprofit professionals. Also
contribute to the planning, implementation and
communications/marketing of programming, regional member alliances
and special initiatives that advance the sector and enhance its
capacity, such as the Best Practices Partnership, Kentucky Gives
Day and advocacy programs.
Office Administration The Director serves as the primary staff
person for maintaining a functioning in person and virtual work
environment for the KNN team and is also responsible for occasional
administrative support, including coordinating support from IT and
other professionals and ordering needed office supplies.
Contributing to a Strong State Association: The Director of Member
Engagement is an essential part of the KNN team, sharing ideas and
contributing to the greater good of the association and Kentucky's
- Contributing to the visibility of KNN by representing KNN,
including public speaking online and when appropriate, in person,
at various events and meetings.
- Serving as chief membership ambassador.
- Actively support KNN's advocacy work.
- Helping to create an inclusive and welcoming environment for
all individuals interacting with KNN.
This position description reflects the general description of the
principal functions of this job, the level of skills and knowledge
required, and the scope of the responsibilities, but should not be
construed as an all inclusive listing of the work requirements.
Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in
other functional areas to cover absences, to equalize peak work
periods or otherwise support the KNN team.
Kentucky Nonprofit Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter addressed
to the attention of Danielle Clore, CEO and resume by 5:00pm EST on
Thursday, February 19, 2021. Requirements
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector and possess the skills needed
to effectively lead a successful membership program.
- Commitment to KNN's mission and passion for helping nonprofits
be most successful in serving our communities.
- Demonstrated record of success in setting and achieving
aggressive membership, fundraising or sales goals.
- Possess a track record of delivering superior results, assuming
leadership roles and providing outstanding customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build, maintain
relationships with diverse populations, as well as exercise tact
and diplomacy in organizational settings.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects professionally
and with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize projects and work independently to
achieve goals with minimal oversight.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with an outgoing and open
- Excellent verbal/written communications skills, including
- Possess a current driver's license. After COVID-19, this
position will travel occasionally throughout the state,
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office
applications (Teams, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook). Experience
with membership databases, MailChimp, WordPress,
MemberZone/GrowthZone are preferred, but not required.
- Self-disciplined, strategic, flexible, adaptable, results
oriented, problem-solver with a good sense of humor.
- Proficiency in developing and monitoring programmatic budgets
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum of two years of experience
with increasing responsibilities in association membership
recruitment and retention or similar position in fundraising or
sales is preferred. Advanced degree preferred.
- Some moderate lifting (up to 25 pounds) may be required
Reports to: Executive Director/CEO
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
- $45,000-$55,000 per year
- Health Insurance
- Section 125 Flexible Spending Plan
- Major Holidays
- Must Hold Valid Driver's License Job Information
- Job ID: 55716593
Kentucky, United States
- Position Title: Director of Member Engagement - Remote
- Company Name: Kentucky Nonprofit Network, Inc.
- Job Function: Membership
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Job Duration: Indefinite
- Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
- Min Experience: 2-3 Years
- Required Travel: 10-25% View your connections at Kentucky
Nonprofit Network, Inc. LinkedIn Please refer to the company's
website or job descriptions to learn more about them. Postdoctoral
Researcher (m/f/d) Translocation of... BioMed X Institute Research
Group Leader (m/f/d) Oral Drug Delivery 15800 Crabbs Branch Way,
Rockville, Maryland 20855 (301) 984-4800
Keywords: Cavendish Farms Corporation, Huntsville , Director of Member Engagement - Remote Opportunity, Executive , Lexington, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!