Life Enrichment Director
Company: Morning Pointe Senior Living
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Do you have a true passion for providing care to seniors in
their time of need? The Morning Pointe difference seeks to provide
opportunities for growth in a positive family atmosphere. We strive
to translate our associates' passion into meaningful experiences
that provide our residents with the highest quality of care.
Primary Purpose: This position is part of the Morning Pointe
Management Team responsible for the creation of resident-focused,
high performance, high-commitment work teams that support the
Morning Pointe purpose of "partnering with families in meeting the
challenges of life". This position is responsible for many
activities in the residence and in the surrounding community, while
encouraging and maintaining high level customer satisfaction
through interaction with residents and resident families.
Educational/Professional Requirements: Must hold a high school
diploma or GED. Must have at least one year experience in senior
resident services or Life Enrichment of senior recreation. Prior
experience in healthcare or adult living is required. Physical
Conditions: The physical demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Certificates/Licenses/Registrations:
Certifications or licenses in a related area is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, and evaluates quality
recreational and activity programs.
- Meets with residents to understand their needs and expectations
and to ensure the current programs are effective.
- Organizes and communicates activity calendar to residents and
- Works closely with the Resident Services Manager to facilitate
Life Enrichment and events.
- Complies with budgetary guidelines.
- Involved in public relation contacts between the facility and
the community. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Immediate and appropriate response to "customer" comments and
requests for action.
- Ensure community awareness of residence through design and
maintenance of volunteer/outreach plans involving general
consumers, appropriate area agencies and other professionals.
- Design, development and oversight of creative and exciting
activity programming, scheduling at least 6 activities, a day
including most evenings and weekends.
- Full understanding of the Morning Pointe Life Enrichment
Standards with each activity focused on key aspects of healthy
aging and individual preferences.
- Establish a database of community outreach contacts to assist
in implementing the Morning Pointe Life Enrichment Standards during
daily activities. Make sure contacts are added to the community's
master mailing list.
- Produce monthly activities calendar and appropriate printed
support material using approved flyer template.
- Produce a monthly newsletter following the Morning Pointe
approved format, including photos and details.
- Basic photographic skills needed for production of newsletter
and press submissions.
- Successfully complete the various obligations of the Life
Enrichment activities programs within allotted budget.
- Train resident assistants (RA's) in support skills pertaining
to the Life Enrichment Program.
- Meet each new resident within 48 hours and complete an activity
assessment, socialization pattern form and resident questionnaire
to understand their interests for activity planning.
- Coordinate quarterly special events and other monthly special
events, (i.e. Family Night), as specified in the quarterly
- Assist in the development of Personal Service Care Plans for
each resident as related to activities of interest.
- Coordinate and implement a vital volunteer program to assist in
Morning Pointe life enrichment activities.
- Work with Resident Assistants (RA's) to communicate with all
residents regarding the start of each activity to ensure maximum
- Conduct associate in-service training programs related to
activities and volunteerism.
- Respond to requests for mailed marketing materials, i.e.,
newsletters, as directed by supervisor.
- Ensure family and community awareness of programming through
monthly phone calls, mailings and special events mailings as
required using approved flyer templates.
- Submit 1-2 times weekly, appropriate photos of activities
including details, names and media releases, to the Corporate
Communications Director for regular press and publicity for special
- Share photos, details of events, birthdays, etc., with
Executive Director to update the lobby flat screen production.
- Maintain records of resident participation in daily activities
- Weekly one-on-one contact with each resident.
- Discovering and utilizing available sources of education,
entertainment and activities for residents.
- Offer individual and small group activities for those who
choose not to attend regularly scheduled events.
- Post a large, seasonally decorated calendar in the designated
- Assist with the driving functions to external activities/events
- Assist the Executive Director, as needed to ensure that the
residence is "tour ready".
- Provide basic support to all departments of the residence,
including dining services, healthcare and resident care.
- Coordinate volunteer program for the facility.
- Attend and assist in coordination of external community
- Work in tandem with CRD on marketing strategy and events.
- Participate in Manager on Duty program as directed by
- Participate as back-up for tours and inquiry calls.
- Other duties as assigned. Hiring Locations
Keywords: Morning Pointe Senior Living, Huntsville , Life Enrichment Director, Executive , Lexington, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!