Business Development Manager
Company: enGenius Consulting Group
Posted on: January 7, 2021
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Work Location: Huntsville, AL
enGenius Consulting Group, Inc. is a small U.S. Government
contractor headquartered in Huntsville, AL. We are seeking a
Business Development Manager to perform a critical role in our
business development, capture, and implementation of new Government
contracts. We support the U.S. Department of Defense and many
Civilian Agencies and our #1 goal is to help our U.S. Government
customers achieve their mission objectives.
The enGenius Business Development Manager reports to and supports
the Vice President (VP) of Strategy and BD and performs a critical
high-profile role in shaping, developing, tracking, and winning new
business, and achieving annual growth targets. The Business
Development Manager will be responsible for all activity related to
the capture research life cycle on short- and long-term
opportunities for new and recompete business, as well as growing
- Execute daily capture planning including financial forecasting,
research on procuring agencies, competitive analysis, technical gap
analysis, P-Win calculations, win themes/ strategies, schedules,
working with internal/external teams, Bid/No Bid process, and
- Continuously research, build, maintain, use, and present an
- Lead in-depth research and capture efforts to understand
targeted agencies (DoD and Civilian).
- Monitor opportunities released daily on contract vehicle
websites and email announcements.
- Identify/qualify opportunities using a formal stage/gate review
process and capture expertise.
- Conduct initial screening to verify company/team core
capabilities meet PWS requirements.
- Accountable for guiding Gate Reviews with Bid/No Bid
- Research and recommend bid teams; secure NDAs and Teaming
Agreements for proposal efforts.
- Work cohesively with internal/external resources: BD research
companies, proposal managers, technical consultants, HR for
recruiting, PMO for determining executability of opportunities,
company executives involved in Bid/No Bid decisions, and other
- Regularly attend industry meetings/conferences to identify new
opportunities, professionally represent the company, and network
with customers and potential partners.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Minimum Bachelors' Degree in a technical or business field;
prefer Masters' Degree.
- At least five (5) years of experience as a Federal Contracting
capture expert managing capture plans, stage/gate process, capture
management presentations/reviews, and Bid/No Bid decisions.
- Experience in the following GSA eBuy; Deltek GovWin; Gov
- Experience creating/managing/using capture pipelines.
- Excellent working knowledge of technical services concepts and
Federal acquisition processes.
- Ability to analyze/translate technical requirements into
proposal, program, and marketing language.
- Excellent researcher, writer, and strategist who can be a
leader or individual contributor.
- U.S. citizen and now have (or have previously held) a Secret
- Ability to build trusted and reciprocal relationships with
government contacts, teammates, program managers, executive
management, and other internal/external capture stakeholders.
- Occasional travel (less than 20% of the time).
- Prefer direct experience in/knowledge of Software and Database
Development/Maintenance/ Engineering, IT Infrastructure
Management/Strategic Solutions, and other Technical Services.
- Prefer formal capture training and/or certification.
enGenius Consulting Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity
M / F / D / V
Keywords: enGenius Consulting Group, Huntsville , Business Development Manager, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!