PRACTICE MANAGER I
Company: Envision Healthcare
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and
practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization
provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine,
radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women s and
children s health services to hospitals and health systems
nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies
and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to
form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now
provide a greater scope of service than any other national
physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local,
customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process
improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare
enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give
healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the
healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and
integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of
your career. We currently have an exciting opportunity available
for an experienced Practice Manager I. In this role you will be
based out of our offices in Huntsville, AL. Responsibilities
include the effective management of all assigned facilities
through: deployment of clinical providers; implementation of
corporate policies, procedures and initiatives; and acts as primary
liaison with practice providers, clinical leadership and
* Maintain basic knowledge of hospital contractual requirements
(quality, financial, satisfaction) and educate providers
appropriately. Assist with the renewal or modification of said
contract as requested.
* Create awareness among facility/key hospital personnel on the
EVPS services, including EVPS' quality program. Understand, in
turn, the needs and quality program of the hospital. Responds
appropriately to inquiries on EVPS product lines (Anesthesia,
Emergency Medicine, Children s Services, Radiology, TIVA) and refer
internally as needed
* Assist practice leadership in gathering quality data for practice
leadership to present to the hospital.
* Ensure facility adoption of standard forms.
* Facilitate adoption of hospital EMR where necessary.
* In coordination with Clinical and Practice Management Leadership,
liaise with the hospital to facilitate problem resolution and goal
* Interface and network with hospital departments and attend
* Be aware of local developments and identify potential threats and
opportunities, including identification of available opportunities
to provide services in Emergency Medicine, Radiology, Anesthesia or
Children s Services and any issues with the administration s
satisfaction with those services. Escalate to Clinical and Practice
Management Leadership as warranted.
* Assist HR in interface with provider for benefit enrollment,
FMLA, work related injuries, etc.
* Serve as the initial source of contact and communication for
Physicians in regard to Sheridan Payroll, HR, etc.
* Maintain a working knowledge of behavioral and HR staff issues;
reporting staff issues appropriately to Clinical and Practice
* Work with EVPS and facility to assist in urgent credentialing
issues, deficient records, renewal of privileges, missing
* In collaboration with Clinical Leadership, initiate and
coordinate staff meetings.
* Assist Clinical Leadership in managing and coordinating
onboarding process for assigned facilities (facility orientation,
access cards, introductions, etc.).
* Respond to other operational issues as they arise, report and
escalate to leadership as needed.
* Assist Clinical Leadership in completion of provider schedules
including assisting in communication with providers if there is an
urgent staffing issue, and publishing/distributing the schedules if
* Work with Clinical Leadership to prepare for any leave of
absence/terminations and communicate anticipated needs to Practice
Management Leaders to ensure coverage is obtained.
* Assist Clinical Leadership in preparing and disseminating quality
reports on a regular basis as tools to provide continuous
performance feedback to department leadership and staff.
* Assist providers on event reporting process.
* In collaboration with Clinical Leadership, coordinator on-site
training for initiatives.
* In collaboration with Clinical Leadership, distribute policies
and assist Leadership in monitoring compliance.
* Perform necessary site reviews to ensure compliance with NCQA,
JCAHO and other regulatory and accreditation requirements. Maintain
logs for all necessary CME s on providers for Hospital
Credentialing, Board Maintenance of Certification and State
maintenance of licenses and DEA
* In collaboration with Clinical Leadership coordinate EMS
initiatives as needed
* Maintain documentation and attendance for departmental
* Interface with Sheridan s Documentation Education Department and
coordinate activity as necessary; ensure coding and documentation
improvements are sustained.
* Provide appropriate operational work tools to providers
(performance evaluations, etc.).
Recruitment & Provider Relations
* Interact with Central Services as necessary to ensure effective
and efficient functioning of facilities. Assist in the recruitment
process for all open positions at the facility (i.e., Scheduling
candidates for interviews with key hospital personnel, prepare
interview agenda, etc.).
* Submit request form to Central Services for each open position at
facility. Review the provider staffing list, and ensure all
providers are accurately represented.
* Review the provider staffing vacancy list with Clinical
Leadership, and ensure accuracy.
* Notify changes in staffing immediately of any potential upcoming
* Assist in the recruitment effort for open positions through the
interface with Sheridan affiliated providers at the site, the
Clinical Leadership, and EVPS' sourcing solution, TIVA
* Navigate the corporate processing system for new hires; including
but not limited to requesting a contract, assuring that all
applicable forms from HR, payroll and credentialing are mailed,
received, and returned completed. Track all information and log and
follow-up on missing items. Closely monitor the credentialing
progress to assure candidate is successfully processed internally
and at the facility as close to the preferred start date as
* At the direction of practice leadership, process all provider
contractual requirements for existing providers. Coordinate
employment contract amendments or other changes in provider
staffing and compensation. Assure generation of proper Provider
Action Forms (PAFs) for various sign-on bonuses, stipends, tails,
moving expenses as well as Employee Advance Request Forms (EARFs)
for promissory notes.
* Act as liaison with Accounting and Finance to research and assist
in resolving financial-related practice and/or budget issues.
* Ensure effective labor management of facilities through: intimate
understanding of the schedule at the facility, provision of
guidance and support where necessary to assure the most
cost-effective solution is being employed. Coordinate with facility
Clinical Leadership and division leaders to cover vacancies,
vacations, and other scheduling issues.
* Engage the use of per diems, locums, and agency providers as
necessary; ensure usage is monitored, appropriate and approved.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Envision Healthcare, Huntsville , PRACTICE MANAGER I, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!