Thermal Analysis Manager
Posted on: September 2, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space,
youll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Flight Systems Capability, is
seeking a First Line Thermal Analysis Manager (Level K) to support
programs across the Enterprise including the Space Launch System
(SLS), both the Core Stage (CS), and Exploration Upper Stage (EUS)
in Huntsville, Alabama. Our Flight Systems Capability team focuses
on NASA's heavy lift launch vehicle, which has the capabilities to
transport us to the moon, Mars and beyond! Boeing is one of the
Industry leading companies that has been a key player in the human
space flight business since it's earliest days. Candidate will be
offered an unique opportunity to work on technology led programs
within the space business.
This is not a union represented position.
The Thermal Analysis Manager will lead high-performing teams that
are immersed in high non-recurring development projects in both
manufacturing, engineering development, analysis and test support.
This position will lead approximately 20+ engineers and inspire
engineering performance including first-time quality, on-time
engineering, affordability and risk/opportunity management. As a
member of our team, you will work in collaboration with other
Integrated Analysis managers and produce thermal analysis
schedules, data products and team metrics. Ideal candidate will
have experience with conducting major design reviews, resolution of
technical issues during development, risk and opportunity
management, disposition of non-conformances during the
manufacturing process, managing budgets, and similar duties. This
position will report to a Senior Manager within the Flight Systems
- Review/approve weekly labor hour records and monthly invoices
of labor charges from Purchased Labor suppliers.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels to accomplish all
commitments while remaining within allowable budget (hiring,
- Conduct individual performance reviews, help establish business
goals & objectives, support career development discussions &
activities, conduct annual salary reviews.
- Plan & track team budget/expenses.
- Develop basis of estimates for newly proposed tasks.
- Organize commitments for deliverable products to internal &
external customers, and ensure team meets those commitments.
- Provide input to various regular program performance metrics
and status of tasks to program leadership
- Represent the Thermal Analysis team at various program
- Support thermal design and analysis SOW across BDS as a
representative of Flight Systems Capability.
- Support component environmental qualification testing.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security
Clearance post start, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science,
Mathematics, Physics, or Chemistry from an ABET accredited
- 5 years or more of experience with leading technical teams,
either as a technical lead or manager.
- 5 years or more of experience working with propulsion thermal
protection systems for spacecraft or launch vehicles components and
- Experience working with environmental qualification
- Experience using excellent verbal and written communication
skills to communicate with leaders and colleagues in an engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience working on NASA programs, particularly SLS (Space
- Experience or knowledge of cryogenic liquid propulsion rocket
- Degree in Mechanical, or Aerospace engineering from an ABET
- Active U.S Security Clearance in the past 24 months.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical
education from an accredited course of study in engineering,
computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor)
and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an
equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g.
PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work
experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and
employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids,
amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in
Keywords: Boeing, Huntsville , Thermal Analysis Manager, Executive , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!