Sensor Engineer/Scientist, SME
Company: Decisive Analytics
Posted on: July 15, 2019
OverviewDecisive Analytics Corporation has an opening in
Huntsville, Alabama, for a Sensor Engineer / Scientist, SME to
provide technical services in support of the Ronald Reagan
Ballistic Missile Defense Test Site. Kwajalein Atoll is home to the
Reagan Test Site (RTS), where some of the most sophisticated
missile testing in the world is conducted by the US. RTS operates
and maintains a technologically advanced suite of sensors including
radars, optics and telemetry sites around the Atoll that are used
to collect mission-critical test data on various missile systems
being tested there. The successful applicant's primary job
responsibilities will include flight test planning to ensure RTS
customer objectives are met, as well as flight test sensor data
analysis to assess the performance of both the missile system and
the RTS sensor systems during the test.Responsibilities
- Apply engineering principles and scientific investigative
techniques to support planning, analysis, assessment, and reporting
on flight tests.
- Participate in meetings and test events, which may include
overseas travel, and document complete and accurate observations
noted in test events.
- Perform analysis of test events to support performance
assessments of the system under test, and prepare briefings and
reports summarizing analysis and assessments.
- Work autonomously as well as a member of a team of engineers
and scientists to investigate complex system and or sensor
behavior, and produce complete technical products.
- Assess complex systems through synthesis of analytical results
and expert judgment, review technical documentation, conduct
analytical studies and prepare technical reports on research
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years of experience, or Master's
degree and 12+ years of experience in one of the following
disciplines: engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, or
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and be
proficient with office automation tools.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD SECRET clearance.
- Familiarity with:
- RTS sensors and command & control, including instrumentation
class radars, optical sensors, telemetry sensors, communications
and the command & control software.
- AF Global Strike flight testing and Missile Defense Agency
(MDA) flight testing.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: conducting
complex analytical studies, developing or adapting analysis tools
to suit needs, building reusable, well documented MATLAB utilities,
assessing the suitability, effectiveness, survivability, and
interoperability of complex military systems, evaluating threat
intelligence information as it pertains to system performance.
*This position is contingent upon contract awardEEO statementAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
protected veteran status or disability.VEVRAA Federal
Keywords: Decisive Analytics, Huntsville , Sensor Engineer/Scientist, SME, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!