Logistics Engineer - ILS
Company: HDT Expeditionary Systems, Inc.
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Responsible for logistics support activities, tasks and assignments
to design or analyze operational solutions for projects such as
maintenance optimization, life-cycle support modeling,
maintenance/service process and methods analysis, life-cycle cost
containment, ILS capacity/surge enhancement, spare parts
optimization/obsolescence management, and configuration/information
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Review contractual commitments, customer specifications, or
related information to determine logistics or support
- Analyze logistics processes.
- Determine logistics support requirements, such as research
details, ILS staffing needs to execute projects, and facilitate
service and maintenance plans for full range of products.
- Manages the configuration management and workflow for all CDRLs
submissions, reviewing, and approval across multiple contracts
spanning various customers
- Propose logistics solutions for based on front-end analysis and
customer requirements and ensure compliance with Data Item
Description (DID) and DoD contractual requirements,
- Provide logistics technology or information for effective and
efficient life-cycle support of product, equipment, or system
manufacturing or service related processes/procedures
- Develop logistic metrics, internal analysis tools, or key
performance indicators for business development or project
- Conduct logistics analysis and studies, such as motion (time)
studies, level of effort, and evaluate information to determine
compliance with standards, processes, and regulations.
- Responsible for the administration of the CDRL, contract
management, CDRL review, metrics management, and data archival
- Observes performance of system maintenance in relation to
contract performance requirements.
- Researches technical specifications, related program documents,
engineering drawings, 3-D animations/job aids, and maintenance
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission,
values and culture of the organization
- Adheres to all quality and safety standards
- Supports other projects and performs duties as assigned
QUALIFICIATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility
listed above satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates Degree in Science/Technology, Bachelor's preferred.
10 years' experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience with
Integrated Logistics and database management preferred; experience
with the identification, retrieval, review, interpretation, and
implementation of statutes, regulations, or standard operating
procedures in a military, DoD civilian, or commercial environment;
retrieving information- observing, receiving, and otherwise
obtaining technical information from all relevant sources;
knowledge of interpreting statements of work, Contract Data
Requirements List (CDRL) and Performance Requirements Documents
OTHER JOB RELATED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Able to work independently on a weekly basis; competent
- Possesses excellent communication skills, quality orientation
and high attention to detail
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work
with customers, vendors, employees and managers at all levels
within the company
- Able to work in a high pressure, fast-paced environment with
changing priorities and short deadlines
- Possesses strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency
in standard business software packages (e.g., Microsoft
- Experience with SharePoint
- Ability to obtain a security clearance with appropriate level
access; if required
- Available for limited travel (typically
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English
Keywords: HDT Expeditionary Systems, Inc., Huntsville , Logistics Engineer - ILS, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!