Electrical Engineer - Facilities Design (P.E. Required)
Company: Decisive Intel
Posted on: June 14, 2019
Decisive Intelligence, Inc. is seeking an Electrical Engineer -
Facilities to join a large engineering/architectural firm growing
their presence in the Huntsville, AL. area. This role will assist
the team in design of facilities electrical plans and
implementation. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs assignments designed to continue to develop
professional engineering work knowledge and abilities, requiring
application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in
carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks. Assignments
require independent judgement and application of a non-routine,
complex nature, under the supervision of the Director or of a
professional Engineer. Assignments shall include more variables and
be more complex. Assignments usually include complex engineering
tasks and calculations with limited technical guidance on
non-standard issues. Independently performs most assignments with
instruction as to the general results expected. Receives technical
guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on
proposed plans for projects. Should devise new engineering
approaches and solutions. Must coordinate with and help resolve
conflicts with other disciplines based on an excellent
understanding of the design process. Responsible for the
preparation of project specific construction specifications and
- Performs design and calculation tasks based on standard
engineering techniques and procedures. Applies standard practices,
engineering fundamentals, and techniques in specific situations,
adjusts and correlates data, and follows design through a series of
related detailed steps or processes.
- Performs design of more complex projects under direction of
Project Engineer, or other responsible staff member.
- Prepares reports, specifications, plans, construction
schedules, cost estimates and permits for projects, under the
direction of Project Engineer or other responsible staff
- Performs computer aided design drafting to produce designs into
routine final drawings.
- Research discipline-related code issues and present
- Visits construction site to review, monitor, and report
progress and perform other construction administration duties, such
as shop drawing review, attend construction site meetings, review
RFI's, prepare ASI's, PR's, prepare status reports, per the
- Uses company and discipline department computer assisted
engineering and design software and equipment to prepare
engineering and design documents. Must be proficient in the use of
- Assist in supervising, coordinating and checking the work, as
well as instructing, leading and mentoring Engineer Levels, I, II
and III, and Designers and Drafters.
- Perform checking of one's own work and work prepared by
drafters, engineering designers and other engineers.
- Provide coordination of all applicable project discipline's
drawings and specifications.
- Assist in preparing design budgets, marketing proposals and
- Assist in client contact and communication pertaining to
- Promote communications, cooperation and quality among staff.
Must be proficient in the use of:
- Microsoft Windows, Excel, Project, Word & AutoCAD
- Should be active in professional trade organizations.
- Responsible for job specific standards, practices and quality
as defined in BRPH Systems Manuals.
- Promotes and represents the firm in a professional manner.
QualificationsEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of Bachelor's
degree in engineering from an accredited four-year college or
university, and minimum of four years experience as an Electrical
Engineer. Must have passed the exam and be certified as an
Engineering Intern. CERTIFICATE, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must
possess a P.E. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. This job description may be
changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change
existing ones as management deems necessary. #GDHP
Keywords: Decisive Intel, Huntsville , Electrical Engineer - Facilities Design (P.E. Required), Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!