Manufacturing Engineer - 4005
Company: Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Millennium Engineering and Integration (MEI) is seeking a Full-Time
Manufacturing Engineer. The position supports the Space and Missile
Systems Center (SMC) at Los Angeles Air Force Base. The candidate
will support the certification of New Entrant Launch Service
* Work with launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to
be performed during rocket certification activities
* Develop products such data tables, audit checklists,
presentations, and reports status to the customer.
* Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for
Engineering Review Boards and design reviews
* Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and
* Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of
product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
* Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing
processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for
qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
* Assess documentation for proper configuration management and
* Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications,
drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual
requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical
characteristics of configuration items.
* Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to
verify documented processes are being followed.
* Review process changes to determine impact to process
* Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness,
vendor/supplier control requirements.
* Other Duties as Assigned
* 10 years of experience launch vehicle/space sub-system and
process engineering expertise with a strong background in launch
* BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Physical Sciences; will
consider less experience in lieu of advanced degrees (8 years with
* Relevant work experience in the military or industry will be
considered in lieu of degree requirements
* Experience involving manufacture of complex products; application
of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design,
process design, producibility, process qualifications/validation,
product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process
requirements/documentation, product and process controls,
measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical
applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing.
* Experience interfacing with computer-based database and schedule
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Some CONUS travel required
* US Citizenship required
Security Clearance: Active Secret Clearance preferred
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does
not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law
including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled
veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion,
compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy
to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the
basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.
Job Req: 4005
Keywords: Millennium Engineering and Integration Company, Huntsville , Manufacturing Engineer - 4005, Engineering , Huntsville, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!